Political Discussion

Are others in the same boat?

I have insurance. But have avoided going to the dr because of premiums. I hoard my prescriptions and take them sometimes every other day to make them last longer. I have insurance and still do this.

I'm considering cutting back.
Last years physical costs me $400 is surprise bills towards my deductible. The physical is supposed to be free with my insurance. True there was no co-pay. But the the standard preventative labs I have been getting all my life during my physical now hit my deductible. I can expect $400 - $600 now billed each year for the standard preventative labs that are routine with physicals.

Would never in my life vote for a piece of shit scumbag like Bloomberg, and if he's the canididate, the presidential race is a lost cause. That so many liberals/dems would consider a sexist, racist oligarch for the purpose of outing the other racist, sexist oligarch is absolutely insane to me. 'He may have 60+ rape/assault allegations against him, ruined the lives of countless minorites, and bought his way to the presidentancy completely unaccountable in terms of finance, but at least he's not Trump.'

"Blue no matter who" is a disengagement campaign meant to turn enthusiastic voters into resigned box checkers, and I refuse to fall for it.

I spend over $130 a month on my company insurance, have an FSA, and hit a few thousand a year in expenses but always hit just beneath my deductible.

fuck our system.

That's me. Except is $130 per pay period. I get paid twice a month.

When we switched over to our holding companies insurance plans in 2019 we ended up paying more and getting far less.

The amount our holding company contributes is less. The amount deferred to the employee has increased. And our plans are absolute garbage.

Would never in my life vote for a piece of shit scumbag like Bloomberg, and if he's the canididate, the presidential race is a lost cause. That so many liberals/dems would consider a sexist, racist oligarch for the purpose of outing the other racist, sexist oligarch is absolutely insane to me. 'He may have 60+ rape/assault allegations against him, ruined the lives of countless minorites, and bought his way to the presidentancy completely unaccountable in terms of finance, but at least he's not Trump.'

"Blue no matter who" is a disengagement campaign meant to turn enthusiastic voters into resigned box checkers, and I refuse to fall for it.
I apologize but this is such an utterly myopic take. If electorate travels down this path then we are already fucked. There IS a difference and choosing the best of two bad options is still the right choice. Opting out is the same as giving up and if you give up they win and we all lose.

I apologize but this is such an utterly myopic take. If electorate travels down this path then we are already fucked. There IS a difference and choosing the best of two bad options is still the right choice. Opting out is the same as giving up and if you give up they win and we all lose.
It's only myopic if you're still on the "my party good, other party bad" boat. Bloomberg represents everything wrong with not just our political system, but the US at large, and I'm not at all convinced things would be "better" under him.

To be clear, he is the only dem candidate I would refuse to vote for. My focus would be entirely on the undercard on election day.

The best way to get people to support your candidate is to tell people why he’s great not shit all over others that are potentially willing allies. Successful Democratic Presidential candidates have been inspirational and inclusive. You can’t enact policies of change if Ya alienate all your potential allies. And that goes every direction, The moderates need to quit shitting on the progressive too. You can disagree without being disagreeable.

Last edited:
Choosing not to vote or not vote against Trump means that you either have the privilege to not do so or fail to recognize how the social and economic policies of the Trump executive branch and Trump controlled Senate are impacting the most desperate among us.

Bloomberg is horrible
he's an ignorant billionaire that has promoted racist social and economic policies
BUT
he isn't Trump

It's only myopic if you're still on the "my party good, other party bad" boat. Bloomberg represents everything wrong with not just our political system, but the US at large, and I'm not at all convinced things would be "better" under him.

To be clear, he is the only dem candidate I would refuse to vote for. My focus would be entirely on the undercard on election day.
Hell it’s you vote you can do with it what you please. We obviously have very different perspective of the perceived threat Trump is to the well-being of the nation and it sounds like we will have to agree to disagree and instead we should focus on what we seem to agree on which is electing someone with a progressive agenda to the White House.

Do you have a particular candidate you are supporting? I am personally hoping the Bernie Sanders becomes the nominee as I think his Medicare for all and free college tuitions will make the country a better place for everyone to live.

Hell it’s you vote you can do with it what you please. We obviously have very different perspective of the perceived threat Trump is to the well-being of the nation and it sounds like we will have to agree to disagree and instead we should focus on what we seem to agree on which is electing someone with a progressive agenda to the White House.

Do you have a particular candidate you are supporting? I am personally hoping the Bernie Sanders becomes the nominee as I think his Medicare for all and free college tuitions will make the country a better place for everyone to live.
Our ends are the same. I would be good with both Sanders or Warren.

We have to understand, though, that Trump is not the exclusive threat. Trump is the lowest bar imaginable and nobody gets points for just not being him. Voting for somebody awful just becuase they have a (D) next to their name doesn't rectify the situation.

We have to understand, though, that Trump is not the exclusive threat. Trump is the lowest bar imaginable and nobody gets points for just not being him. Voting for somebody awful just becuase they have a (D) next to their name doesn't rectify the situation.
You understand there is actually a difference between the two parties and what the parties stand for, Right?

Any other Boot Edge Edge fans here?
If I had to pick one of the moderates he would be it though I worry about how we would fare in the general election. Mainly because of almost zero minority support. I think his Medicare for all who want it is just a way to toe the line. I mean, who would actually choose their current private insurance?

Last edited:

Of course
but choosing not to vote and accept another 4 years of Trump is absolutely coming from a place of privilege to be able to do so

Back