Political Discussion

Watched an influencers story on Instagram that really helps me understand the mindset of conservative christians. I did not know they could be so quick to judge and incredible stubborn about changing their views.

This influencer called them out for being the most judgmental people she knows. And often think the worst of people first. Their opinions are predetermined and they don't give people the benefit of the doubt. They don't take the time to get to understand people and don't listen to you when you try to explain yourself or point of view.

She grew up in a conservative Christian community in Oklahoma. Even her own family and friends have predetermined opinions of her and as hard as she tries they just don't understand and continue to "Slut Shame" her. They think the worst of her and her intentions and have it all wrong. She's only ever kissed one guy and never gone beyond that.

Basically, the backstore on that was she was blessed with a large chest. All through high school and into college she covered up in multiple layers of clothing that were way way to large and not flattering to hide herself. That was the expectation set on her as a girl who has a large chest in a conservative family / community.

She was unhappy with how she looked and did not like the way she dressed. Somewhere during her junior year she started to change her style. She started wearing normal clothing at the appropriate size and stopped hiding under bagging clothing. She became more confident in herself and was happier. And that's when the slut shaming began.

Because of course she was "showing off her chest", "seeking attention", "thirsty", "provocative". Her own friends and family accused her of being a slut / whore. Told her to take down pictures on Instagram because they "weren't appropriate" and "were thirst traps". Half the pictures didn't even show cleavage they shamed her for because she still dress modestly, just in the appropriate size but form fitting.

That is an awful situation above. I'm glad she is able to talk about it and take it in stride. I didn't realize conservatives still treated women that way to that extent.

And it's really scary that even her own family and friends can pass judgment like that based on how they perceive your appearance and there is no reasoning with them.

If the conservative christians are that stubborn that they can pass harsh incorrect opinions on their own family members then that scares me for the future.

Will they always be pushing to ban abortion? Have old white men make women's health decisions? Can we ever convert them to progressive idea's like universal healthcare?

Or will they always vote the same way and not listen to reason.

Watched an influencers story on Instagram that really helps me understand the mindset of conservative christians. I did not know they could be so quick to judge and incredible stubborn about changing their views.

This influencer called them out for being the most judgmental people she knows. And often think the worst of people first. Their opinions are predetermined and they don't give people the benefit of the doubt. They don't take the time to get to understand people and don't listen to you when you try to explain yourself or point of view.

She grew up in a conservative Christian community in Oklahoma. Even her own family and friends have predetermined opinions of her and as hard as she tries they just don't understand and continue to "Slut Shame" her. They think the worst of her and her intentions and have it all wrong. She's only ever kissed one guy and never gone beyond that.

Basically, the backstore on that was she was blessed with a large chest. All through high school and into college she covered up in multiple layers of clothing that were way way to large and not flattering to hide herself. That was the expectation set on her as a girl who has a large chest in a conservative family / community.

She was unhappy with how she looked and did not like the way she dressed. Somewhere during her junior year she started to change her style. She started wearing normal clothing at the appropriate size and stopped hiding under bagging clothing. She became more confident in herself and was happier. And that's when the slut shaming began.

Because of course she was "showing off her chest", "seeking attention", "thirsty", "provocative". Her own friends and family accused her of being a slut / whore. Told her to take down pictures on Instagram because they "weren't appropriate" and "were thirst traps". Half the pictures didn't even show cleavage they shamed her for because she still dress modestly, just in the appropriate size but form fitting.

That is an awful situation above. I'm glad she is able to talk about it and take it in stride. I didn't realize conservatives still treated women that way to that extent.

And it's really scary that even her own family and friends can pass judgment like that based on how they perceive your appearance and there is no reasoning with them.

If the conservative christians are that stubborn that they can pass harsh incorrect opinions on their own family members then that scares me for the future.

Will they always be pushing to ban abortion? Have old white men make women's health decisions? Can we ever convert them to progressive idea's like universal healthcare?

Or will they always vote the same way and not listen to reason.
This is an interesting post at least partially because an IG post about a girl with big boobs is the thing that really opened your eyes to the dynamics of religious fundamentalism.

Burnie sanders is surging in the polls right now.

I'm very curious about what's causing it. I'm glad to see it.

Was it his clash with Warren? Is Biden tanking? Other candidates dropping out. A combination of them all?

Burnie sanders is surging in the polls right now.

I'm very curious about what's causing it. I'm glad to see it.

Was it his clash with Warren? Is Biden tanking? Other candidates dropping out. A combination of them all?

Warren's botched handling of her Medicare for All rollout got the momentum rolling in my opinion.

More Bernie can't win crap. He might not, but no one else in the democratic party has a better chance than him.

Trumps leaking defense is wrapping up its defense this morning in the impeachment trial.

Their closing arguments are dismissing the "Bolton Bombshell" as irrelevant to the impeachment trial.

Trumps leaking defense is wrapping up its defense this morning in the impeachment trial.

Their closing arguments are dismissing the "Bolton Bombshell" as irrelevant to the impeachment trial.
It sort of is. The defense isn't really denying that Trump did what he is alleged to have done. They're just denying that it's an impeachable act. If that's the case, then hearing from a witness isn't going to change much.

The Whitehouse as issued a formal threat to Bolton to keep him from publishing his book.

Yup, are White House is definitely the mofia

The Whitehouse as issued a formal threat to Bolton to keep him from publishing his book.

Yup, are White House is definitely the mofia

He has to submit the book to the White House before it even went to print to check to see if he reported any confidential information. Trumps officials have already seen it.

This is a really a good read.

"The age gap between the support bases of the two leading Democratic candidates is unprecedented in scale. According to a Quinnipiac poll released Wednesday, Bernie Sanders boasts the support of 53 percent of Democratic voters under 35 nationwide, while Joe Biden lays claim to just 3 percent. That poll’s margin of error is 3.4 percentage points — which means that the percentage of younger voters who support the Democratic Party’s current front-runner could, technically, round down to zero. In other national surveys, age polarization among Democratic primary voters tends to be a bit less severe. But in virtually all of them, Biden’s support among the young is historically low for a front-running candidate, while Sanders’s popularity with the contingent is exceptionally high."

Back