Political Discussion

How do we convince those 402 voters to give us better poll results to then use as support for arguments on how the 325 million other Americans should vote?

I was surprised Kamala had dropped so much. Did she do or say something recently that would account for this?

And goddammit. NO TO JOE! He can't be the candidate. He just can't.
In the last debate Tulsi staked her to the wall on her record as a prosecutor and Kamala’s way of attempted deflections afterwards in interviews I believe let the observant gain an insight into her real character. It wasn’t a flattering one.

In the last debate Tulsi staked her to the wall on her record as a prosecutor and Kamala’s way of attempted deflections afterwards in interviews I believe let the observant gain an insight into her real character. It wasn’t a flattering one.

Gotcha. Her record as a prosecutor is the thing that I have the most issues with (former criminal defense atty here). And I'm not sure a lot of people had dug into that. So it being brought out and adversely affecting her makes sense.

Gotcha. Her record as a prosecutor is the thing that I have the most issues with (former criminal defense atty here). And I'm not sure a lot of people had dug into that. So it being brought out and adversely affecting her makes sense.
The thing that stuck out to me the most was the statement that she kept back exculpatory information that would have freed someone from death row until forced to release it by the courts. In my eyes that’s tantamount to attempted murder. I’m already a strong opponent of the death penalty, but to withhold evidence that may free an innocent man from death row is utterly reprehensible.

Oh goodness. I just watched the exchange between Tulsi and Kamala. Tulsi brought up every.single.one. of my concerns with Kamala. Damn.

Tulsi and her abysmal record on gay rights though. SMH.

The thing that stuck out to me the most was the statement that she kept back exculpatory information that would have freed someone from death row until forced to release it by the courts. In my eyes that’s tantamount to attempted murder. I’m already a strong opponent of the death penalty, but to without evidence that may free an innocent man from death row is utterly reprehensible.
Agreed. Dig into her record more if you want to be angrier.

See? Common ground!!!! ;)

Oh goodness. I just watched the exchange between Tulsi and Kamala. Tulsi brought up every.single.one. of my concerns with Kamala. Damn.

Tulsi and her abysmal record on gay rights though. SMH.
In her youth, she was definitely a product of her upbringing, no doubt, but the HRC gives her a 100% voting record since her election to Congress.

We have all heard that indicators are pointing towards a possible recession over the last week.

Trump says the economy is strong, which is true for the top 1%. It's the perfect economy for them.

But today there are signs that while the Trump administration the economy is strong publicly, they may be worried it just might not be.

Today they announced a plan for a payroll tax cut to boost the economy and relax fears of a possible recession.

But of course it's corporations that benefit from this and we the people who get hurt. Corporations will have to pay less of a payroll tax which mostly goes towards Social Security and Medicare.

Basically, further cash strapping the system that is already heading towards going under if it isn't overhauled.

President Trump is set to change decades old immigration policies yet again.
This time they are changing the agreement that states that they can not detain children for more than 20 days. The new policies will allow them to detain children indefinitely.

This change comes after much backlash this year about children being separated from their families. The issue was the children's parents could be detained indefinitely, but the children could not be detained for more than 20 days.

Trump says these policy changes are to address the issue of children being separated from their parent / families and they can now be detained together indefinitely.

But you have got to ask yourself, is it human to detain a child indefinitely in one of these detention centers?

Last edited:

Giuliani says he met with Ukrainian official to discuss Biden

The move shows the former New York mayor is making a renewed push for the country to investigate President Donald Trump's political enemies. Giuliani, who serves as Trump's personal attorney, has long lobbied Ukraine to investigate the former vice president's call in 2016 to remove the country' top prosecutor, who at one point had been investigating a Ukrainian natural gas company connected to Biden's son, Hunter.

I'd like to see CDC finally be able to address the issue head-on.

The irony being that none of the news sources being discussed are actually particularly left wing. CNN is as centrist as it gets. Ditto for the NYT and WaPo. NPR could maybe be called left-center but all that Koch brothers and fossil fuel money they take clouds that assertion. There is a reason the only time they mention Yang or Sanders, it's to rip into them.

The Intercept, Common Dreams, Democracy Now and to a lesser extent the Guardian... those are truly left wing sources. Except that unlike Breitbart, they are fact based and typically nonpartisan in the their reporting (editorials are a different convo).

Edit: Also, there is no way Daily Beast should that far to the left on that chart.

Last edited:
Back