Political Discussion

They're in the "Is there any fucking way to get this to the Supreme Court" part of their legal strategy, lol
Legal Twitter is kinda fun right now, tearing these legal briefs a new one is fairly amusing. Plus all the armchair MAGA lawyers not understanding how appellate courts work is laughable too. They think Rudy is sitting on mountains of evidence just waiting for the case to get to the Supreme Court to release it as a strategy not to tip their hand. The only problem is that is not how it works.

Legal Twitter is kinda fun right now, tearing these legal briefs a new one is fairly amusing. Plus all the armchair MAGA lawyers not understanding how appellate courts work is laughable too. They think Rudy is sitting on mountains of evidence just waiting for the case to get to the Supreme Court to release it as a strategy not to tip their hand. The only problem is that is not how it works.

But Matlock always brought in the key witness right at the end!!!?!?!?!

I will appeal this judges finding on a point that I neither raised nor provided evidence for at the hearing which I’m appealing 😂😂😂

Yep. Most likely based on the lower courts rulings most appeals courts won’t even choose to hear these appeals.

Which shows just how spurious these cases must be, it’s usually not hard to find at least one ground of appeal in even the most ridiculous of cases!

That's the thing that has always been so ridiculous about the election fraud stuff, the QAnon stuff, all of it: Okay, so let's assume for a second that either A) there is evidence of widespread electoral fraud on the part of the Democrats, the Republicans are in possession of it, Trump has a full grasp of the reality of the situation, and it's all basically irrefutable. Alternatively, let's accept for a moment that B) the Democratic Party and indeed many of their elite supporters are in fact a group of child-eating, satanic cannibal-pedophiles, and our patriotic Republican friends can prove it, AND Trump knows it.

Okay. In EITHER of those scenarios, the truth coming to light would not only be revelatory, incendiary, potentially America-ending, it's also desperately urgent. On the one hand, it's nonsensical that such a bombshell can't be revealed until the hearing is before *just the right* appellate judge, with *just the right* Supreme Court composition. If our elections are compromised, or if in fact there are demons among us, the appeals process isn't the place to reveal it. And on the other hand, for the good of your fellow Americans, many of whom vote Democratic because they sincerely believe in the party's mission, wouldn't you want to explain to them the damage they're inflicting on themselves? Wouldn't you want them to know they were unwittingly aiding and abetting cheaters or, worse, satanic forces? I mean, I may be opposed to most forms of conservatism, but I'm also just some schmo from the midwest who doesn't want his vote to accidentally go to a flesh-eating monster OR to a foreign asset.

The whole idea that "the truth will be revealed" is an enticing one, I'll grant. We spent more than a year chatting about what Robert Mueller was going to find when he finally delivered his report. Or what the impeachment hearings might divulge. And I still believe that there is more to these stories that the public hasn't yet learned. But that is so different from being convinced that a reality-shattering revelation is at hand, but just....always....slightly out of reach. The lengths people will go to in order to rationalize that belief is well documented, but no less mind-boggling to see play out before our eyes.
But Matlock always brought in the key witness right at the end!!!?!?!?!
As a kid, any time my mom made hot dogs for dinner, she would say it was "Matlock Night," in honor of Ben Matlock's signature celebratory meal.

Last edited:
Trumpism is a hell of a drug.

Let's now go to some live footage from the kraken
tumblr_mz5yru6iAJ1qa5nivo1_500.gif

And I would carry that shame and disbelief for a while: The shame that people would think I was a thief. The shame that I had been arrested. The reality that I was seen as guilty before proven innocent.

As these memories flood my mind, I can't help but ask: How is it that the employees in that pharmacy couldn't give me the benefit of the doubt over a $2.49 package of batteries, but Rittenhouse, who has been charged with killing two people, can be extended this courtesy?

Kyle Rittenhouse is a clear example of "innocent until proven guilty". Many people from the right, likely all white are giving him the benefit of the doubt and believe there is enough evidence to prove he acted in selfdefense and came to his aid helping to fund his bail.

Meanwhile, black people under just allogations of theft are stuck in jail until their trial because they can't afford bail. One example recently giving in comparison to Rittenhouse is a guy who spent 3 years in jail over the allegations of a backpack. 2 of those years were spent in solitary confinement.

The author of the article has his own experience. Back in the 90's he was dropping of a backpack full of film to develop. When he left the store the antitheft system sounded. A pack of batteries he had previously purchased set it off. He had the receipt, but under pressure he wasn't able to immediately produce it. He was called into a back room and asked to sign a document admitting guilt and containing something about trespassing. He was only given the option to immediately produce the receipt or sign the document. He asked them to check surveillance video and it would prove his innocence. They didn't even entertain the idea. And when he would not sign the document because he didn't steal anything the police were called and he was arrested.

More than 5 hours later when his mom was able to make the drive to the police station and bail him out he was able to find the receipt right away. Charges were dropped. He was treated like he was guilty until proven innocent. They filed a lawsuit against the store. But they would not admit to any wrong doing and fought the lawsuit all the way saying they did no wrong and had probable cause.

It's eye opening seeing how the experience of black people is so different than white people. That they are not given any benefit of doubt and are presumed guilty until proven innocent.

And now, back to more of the same:

Two former government officials who may now run President-elect Joe Biden’s national security team have been partners at a private equity firm now promising investors big profits off government business because of its ties to those officials, according to government documents reviewed by The Daily Poster.

“The reputations and networks of Pine Island Capital Partners’ team, both individually and collectively, will ensure exposure to a significant number of proprietary opportunities,” the company said in one SEC document. “We believe there will be increased demand in the U.S. defense market for advanced electronics, communications, sensor and detection processing and other technologies that enhance the modernization efforts of the Department of Defense’s military readiness. We believe this demand represents strong growth that our management team is uniquely positioned to capitalize on given our combined investment experience and deeply connected partner group of former U.S. defense and government officials.”

"This is so explicit that it's astonishing Pine Island even put it on paper,” said David Segal of Demand Progress, a grassroots group pressing Biden to reject Cabinet appointments tied to corporations. “This is not an example of people who happen to work at a big company — these are partners at a firm whose stated business model is to profit from the revolving door and connections gained from time in government."

Back