Political Discussion

Found this article hilarious even though I find this sentence extremely dubious:

I vote for Animal Control Officer 🤣

Just saw a news story on the local news about how people are seeing surprise bills for fire department services.

In all but 12 states where law prohibits fire departments from billing for their services, it is legal for them to bill you. Over the past 10 years this has been a growing trend. Costs have gone up yet voters have repeatedly voted for no tax increases or tax cuts. So services that should be paid for by tax payer dollars are seeing shortfalls, and they have to make up the money somehow.

The problem is, when most cities authorize fire departments to bill for their services, they end up using a third party for profit billing company. And these billing companies take a cut of the bill and inflate prices much like the healthcare industry, because "insurance will pay for whatever they bill".

One of the examples they gave was of a women who was in a car accident in early 2019. She was not at fault and here car was totaled. Insurance paid out and replaced her car, then came the surprise bill a couple months later. $6000 from the fire department for auto wreck cleanup of the road and hazmat services. Insurance would not cover this bill because the claim was already finalized and accepted by both parties involved in the wreck.

They women and her husband refuse to pay the bill. They say that their tax dollars should be going towards paying these services and the bill is just a straight up money grab by the town. They are still fighting the bill and it currently sits in collections. To add insult to injury, the driver who was at fault was not billed? Why? Because they were from the local community. Generally these types of bills for auto wreck cleanup are sent to drivers who are from out of town for the services the fire department provides. The city had authorized the fire department to only bill for services provided to out of town drivers. Which is a very common practice when it comes to these kind of bills.

The local news reported that you should never be quick to settle your auto insurance claim. And ask question and follow up with the fire department to make sure no surprise bill is on the way. That way if a bill does come your way, you at least have a chance of getting insurance to pay for it. Also, you should check with your insurance companies now to find out if such a bill would even be covered by your current policy. If you have cut rate auto insurance / a plan that's not full comprehensive coverage and includes uninsured (in the event that the driver at fault does not have coverage for covering this type of bill) you may not be covered and be fully on the hook for these types of bills.

Trumpism is a hell of a drug.

Speaking of Trumpism. My father says today is going to be the day. Keep a very close eye on the news. Shit is going to go down...

I don't know what the hell he's talking about, but I'm sure it has to do with some kind of big voter fraud reveal and Trump being the winner.

Which ain't happening.

Speaking of Trumpism. My father says today is going to be the day. Keep a very close eye on the news. Shit is going to go down...

I don't know what the hell he's talking about, but I'm sure it has to do with some kind of big voter fraud reveal and Trump being the winner.

Which ain't happening.
There's a farce hearing in PA lead my Giuliani with "witnesses". I don't know if it's actually a legal proceeding or not.

Which ain't happening.

I mean, how is this going to be different than every other previous "big" day? There's only so many ways judges can laugh Giulliani out of court.

Which ain't happening.
Odd for his administration to start the transition before that. Lol.

Last night I was watching Axios on HBO and they started off with an interview with the Koch family.

The Koch family just released a new book where they admitted they were wrong. Government should not be partisan. Things don't get done when each side is not willing to work with each other. Many of the polices the Koch family has been pushing for are not getting passed.

When asked about all the candidates they helped push through, they answered saying they vetted these people. And thought they would pass most of the policies they were seeking and would not be hyper partisan. However, once in office, these candidates became hyper partisan and fell in line with the rest of the republican party. Most all the policies the Koch family were trying to get passed did not pass. And the Republican party has passed things they don't approve of.

When asked if they take responsibility for this, the Koch family says no. This is all on the candidates who were elected. They don't take responsibility for picking these candidates and pushing them forward.

This has actually lead to the Koch family saying Biden winning is a good thing for our country, believe it or not.

Then they were asked about Georgia. And of course they are putting big money behind the republican candidates? Why is that? Because they say you can't have one party have complete control of the house, senate and white house. Dangerous policy changes can happy when one side controls everything and we must not allow that to happen.

Yet, wouldn't having Republicans retaining control of the senate just result in more partisanship and nothing getting done?

This is pretty much what I saw on Real Time with Bill Maher earlier in the evening. Mitch McConnell's agenda for the next 4 years is to obstruct Biden, prevent the democrats from passing any kind of reform and bring attention back to the national deficit. Their end goal is to make Biden's first term look like a failure, and have in be a 1 term president and take have the GOP take back the white house in 2024.

Bill Maher also talked about the runoff election in Georgia. And how Biden won because enough Georgia voters decided "Not Trump", but they will split their ticket when it comes to the senate. They do not want to hand the keys over to the Democrats so they will vote to keep the Republicans in control of the senate.

There's a farce hearing in PA lead my Giuliani with "witnesses". I don't know if it's actually a legal proceeding or not.
Apparently Trump is planning on attending too. It looks like it's being put on by State Senator Doug Mastriano ( not worth looking up of I spelled his name right). He's your typical get the "muh freedom" crowd riled up Trump bootlicker. It's going to be another embarrassment.

Last night I was watching Axios on HBO and they started off with an interview with the Koch family.

The Koch family just released a new book where they admitted they were wrong. Government should not be partisan. Things don't get done when each side is not willing to work with each other. Many of the polices the Koch family has been pushing for are not getting passed.

When asked about all the candidates they helped push through, they answered saying they vetted these people. And thought they would pass most of the policies they were seeking and would not be hyper partisan. However, once in office, these candidates became hyper partisan and fell in line with the rest of the republican party. Most all the policies the Koch family were trying to get passed did not pass. And the Republican party has passed things they don't approve of.

When asked if they take responsibility for this, the Koch family says no. This is all on the candidates who were elected. They don't take responsibility for picking these candidates and pushing them forward.

This has actually lead to the Koch family saying Biden winning is a good thing for our country, believe it or not.

Then they were asked about Georgia. And of course they are putting big money behind the republican candidates? Why is that? Because they say you can't have one party have complete control of the house, senate and white house. Dangerous policy changes can happy when one side controls everything and we must not allow that to happen.

Yet, wouldn't having Republicans retaining control of the senate just result in more partisanship and nothing getting done?

This is pretty much what I saw on Real Time with Bill Maher earlier in the evening. Mitch McConnell's agenda for the next 4 years is to obstruct Biden, prevent the democrats from passing any kind of reform and bring attention back to the national deficit. Their end goal is to make Biden's first term look like a failure, and have in be a 1 term president and take have the GOP take back the white house in 2024.

Bill Maher also talked about the runoff election in Georgia. And how Biden won because enough Georgia voters decided "Not Trump", but they will split their ticket when it comes to the senate. They do not want to hand the keys over to the Democrats so they will vote to keep the Republicans in control of the senate.
“Partisanship” isn’t the problem. Partisanship is healthy. The problem arises when one of the parties is totally bugfuck crazy. There’s no “middle way” with a party that doesn’t inhabit reality.

So the Kochs are complaining that the candidates they bought did not 100%ly execute the wishes of the Koch family. That is scandalous

Not a legal proceeding. It’s essentially a MAGA rally. If I was a legal proceeding there would be consequences if they lied but that’s not what this is. PA vote has been certified. This is all bullshit.

Not a legal proceeding. It’s essentially a MAGA rally. If I was a legal proceeding there would be consequences if they lied but that’s not what this is. PA vote has been certified. This is all bullshit.
They're in the "Is there any fucking way to get this to the Supreme Court" part of their legal strategy, lol

Back