Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Does anyone else keep getting these cogs artist alerts thingies for stuff they’ve added? Like I just got one for Free Yourself because VMP just released their version, which is the only one I have by Experience Unlimited, but they sent it because I have a record by them (they keep telling me about the prince reissues which are already in my collection as well)

yea they sent out a survey to see if people even like it to begin with last week. I'm not wild about it, but its easy to ignore. maybe they'll let me know about something I actually want to know about in the future.

I'm thinking of selling a couple records from my collection but have no idea where to start, especially as a non-US member. International folks, how do you orchestrate shipping costs? Estimate and then take a hit if it ends up being more? Asking potential buyers to contact you before buying?

You should be able to get the costs from Canada post up front - they usually have fixed rates to certain regions - for the most part you'll only be selling within Canada or the US due to prohibitive shipping costs so I recommend at least listing fixed costs for those plus the major record buying countries on discogs with reliable buyers - UK/Germany/France/Netherlands etc.

Worst case go in to a post office with a record mailer to get rates. I avoid buying from sellers that don't have an idea about shipping prices or can't get back to me before I buy.

I always gave me the option, I think after giving feedback to add it
Yes, but I don't think it ever gave you the option to add EVERY purchase you ever made at once. Since I had never added any of mine, it was easy for me to add like 400 things to my Collection with one click by just looking at old purchases.

I could use some help/advice on something...

My copy of Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited is virtually identical to this:

HOWEVER, I have the following anomalies:
1. It's not a sticker on mine, but it appears that the jacket had the KSC9189 blacked out in printing
2. It's got a gold stamped FOR PROMOTIONAL ONLY box on the back.

I found no other US copies with these anomalies posted... soooooooo, what do I do here?

How do you report a user on discogs, I have a person going around and commenting on several things I had anything to do with regardless of what it was.

1. It's not a sticker on mine, but it appears that the jacket had the KSC9189 blacked out in printing

I found no other US copies with these anomalies posted... soooooooo, what do I do here?
@LeeVing may know better, but I believe that retail copies with promo stamps or stickers are not, in terms of discogs, separate entries in the database.

The promo tag is for anything printed on the release that uses that language.*

Stickers or stamps like gold foil aren't considered promos, because these are the same as retail...with the sticker or stamp added to them after manufacture.

*There are some exceptions, but those require a forum discussion and some research to back it up.
One type that I've added a few submissions for that fall into this exception are the unnumbered MoFi promos.

Last edited:
How do you report a user on discogs, I have a person going around and commenting on several things I had anything to do with regardless of what it was.

Probably just have to fill out a support request...I wish there was more of a report button like on the comments at the bottom of the release page.

Last edited:
Back