Definitive Audiophile pressings

View attachment 111763

Record City order arrived Wednesday. Finally got around to opening everything and inspecting condition. Almost everything is super clean and in excellent condition. A couple are closer to VG+.

Haven’t had a chance to listen yet, but if you’re curious on any, I’ll report back.
A Night in Tunisia sounds very good with some minimal surface noise. Overall very pleased with this one!

Lots of derivatives out there for The Doors LA Women pressings. What are the opinions ? I prefer 33 or 45, I believe I see a 50th Anniversary edition coming in December ?

The AP seems to be the best from what I’ve seen but I think they only did a 45
Might just stick with my original ratty lp and the Botnick digital which sounds good to me. Maybe see what the feedback is on the 50th version in December.

There is no way that anything can beat the AP 45. But do you want to spend the money, different question.
Agreed, the AP 45 is terrific. I will say my dad's '71 US pressing sounds really good too, but it's old and worn, hence the AP. I'd guess a NM og would cost twice what a new AP runs.
EDIT: just checked cogs, NM OGs are crazy expensive. Go with the AP

Last edited:
Currently spinning this, and it is great! I have listened to this album a gazillion times, but this is the first time I've owned a vinyl copy, and boy does it deliver. I thought I knew pretty much every musical detail of this record - every horn line, rhythmic pattern or background vocals -, yet I'm picking up new things in this listen, especially on the bass, which is absolutely killer.

I don't know how much interest this album will stir around here, but if anyone is vaguely into salsa or Latin music in general, this is a must grab!
Thank you so much for sharing this! I gave this album a listen earlier today and I am absolutely in love! This is my favourite album discovery in a while! I love it so much and that’s great to know this Craft Recordings reissue is an analog cut! I’m purchasing this as I know the pressing will sound fantastic like you said! Discogs reviews for the standard pressing are very good too! 😍😇🙏

Coltrane One Step seems to be back in stock?
This is an excellent pressing and album, and I’m delighted to own a copy! However, I missed out on that Yusef Lateef Eastern Sounds One Step small batch pressing, and really wish I was quick enough to grab a copy! That album is a masterpiece and I can’t imagine how outstanding the Craft One Step reissue sounds!!! 🏆

Anyone else have that Craft One Step Eastern Sounds pressing? I want to know how GOOD it sounds! 🤤🤤🤤

This is an excellent pressing and album, and I’m delighted to own a copy! However, I missed out on that Yusef Lateef Eastern Sounds One Step small batch pressing, and really wish I was quick enough to grab a copy! That album is a masterpiece and I can’t imagine how outstanding the Craft One Step reissue sounds!!! 🏆

Anyone else have that Craft One Step Eastern Sounds pressing? I want to know how GOOD it sounds! 🤤🤤🤤
It’s really great sounding too. I think better than the Coltrane One Step. It’s also better than my VMP pressing of it. Such a great album. Really curious to see what the next title will be!

Yeah, I agree with @MikeH that it's a fantastic pressing, I really like the series so far.

On a side note, you guys might remember that I was able to 'announce' the Coltrane here before the official announcement as a friend of a friend who works at the distribution warehouse saw it early. I have messaged them to see if there are any updates as to what the next one will be and if not then hopefully they will let me know once they find out. I can only imagine they have the next one lined up alreadt as Craft did say a while back that they won't be reissuing Lateef or Coltrane for a while as the next batch was already in production.

It’s really great sounding too. I think better than the Coltrane One Step. It’s also better than my VMP pressing of it. Such a great album. Really curious to see what the next title will be!
Omg, I want it so bad! Of course it would be better sounding than the VMP pressing! I’ve got that pressing but I’d love to upgrade to the One Step pressing! Discogs prices are so high, so I guess I’ve just missed out! I’ll be keeping my eye on this thread to make sure I see what the next Craft One Step is! The two titles they released for their One Step small batch series so far have been excellent picks! 🎯

Last edited:
Omg, I want it so bad! Of course it would be better sounding then the VMP pressing! I’ve got that pressing but I’d love to upgrade to the One Step pressing! Discogs prices are so high, so I guess I’ve just missed out! I’ll be keeping my eye on this thread to make sure I see what the next Craft One Step is! The two titles they released for their One Step small batch series so far have been excellent picks! 🎯
Luckily they have said the next title will have more pressed so hopefully won’t sell out as quickly as Lateef did!

I missed out on this. Hopefully they’ll press a few more.

Thank you so much for sharing this! I gave this album a listen earlier today and I am absolutely in love! This is my favourite album discovery in a while! I love it so much and that’s great to know this Craft Recordings reissue is an analog cut! I’m purchasing this as I know the pressing will sound fantastic like you said! Discogs reviews for the standard pressing are very good too! 😍😇🙏
So glad you enjoy it. I know you'll love the Craft pressing too! This is arguably the most "essential" salsa album ever, and it contains an absolute classic of a song in "Pedro Navaja". I don't know how much of it will actually be conveyed in a translation, but the narrative on the lyrics is on par with pretty much anything Dylan has ever written, and IMO the orchestration on that track is some of the closest Latin music has come to Duke Ellington. I'm just so glad that this classic has got a great vinyl reissue now!

There is no way that anything can beat the AP 45. But do you want to spend the money, different question.
Agreed, the AP 45 is terrific. I will say my dad's '71 US pressing sounds really good too, but it's old and worn, hence the AP. I'd guess a NM og would cost twice what a new AP runs.
EDIT: just checked cogs, NM OGs are crazy expensive. Go with the AP
$50 does not bother me for the best, of a album I cherish just getting up every 10-13 minutes to changes sides and the flow of the album! :giggle:

Back