Definitive Audiophile pressings

I wonder when the last time something from within my lifetime, 1983 DOB, was released by these brontosauri? Its going to be one of the 2 billion Dire bloody Straights remasters isn't it...
Pixies ones are pretty good. People seem very up and down about the Weezer ones but I got the blue for cheap and it's not bad.

True, time flies! I thought Weezer was still in print, are they not? I've heard some people prefer the standard releases though so I don't know if that's a great example.

It is but mixed reviews, I actually quite like it personally, and although still in print it was originally released a good few years ago now.

Also its almost rote that this criticism is met with "Weezer/REM/Sonic Youth/Pixies" which is very few albums none of which were originally released recently and all of which combined make a less than negligible proportion of what they do.

It is but mixed reviews, I actually quite like it personally, and although still in print it was originally released a good few years ago now.

Also its almost rote that this criticism is met with "Weezer/REM/Sonic Youth/Pixies" which is very few albums none of which were originally released recently and all of which combined make a less than negligible proportion of what they do.
Beck might be the most recent in terms of original album release date? I’m mad I missed out on that one.

Didn't they just do great reissues of those Hayes titles?
They also just did a reissue of Eastern Sounds haha (that's what the VMP pressing is from and they did their own black version I think?). The Black Moses US pressing got mixed reviews from what I heard from friends. The EU pressing is meant to be better (pressed at a different plant).

That or love is hell. They were both early/mid 00s weren't they? In terms of original release date of the mofi version we're a long time waiting...
Alright, let’s make a list of records post 00 that would be great then. Grace was mentioned the other day (ok, pre 00), some Radiohead would be awesome, Nick Cave, Father John Misty, Arcade Fire...

Back