Couple of questions about the Pro-Ject VC-E

inalone

Hello all,

I received my Pro-Ject VC-E in the mail today and noticed that if I spread liquid across the surface, almost always the arm will not be long enough to get the liquid on the dead wax near the groove. This is made even worse when I put the acrylic platter on to stop the steam coming out of the liquid tank inside. Is this a common experience? How have you fixed this if you've experienced it?

Another question I have is that each time ive cleaned a record on it, the record always has a smell to it - I diluted the included cleaning liquid with distilled water to around 1:15 ratio and always do 3-4 revolutions while vacuuming - is this a common experience too?

Thanks

Hello all,

I received my Pro-Ject VC-E in the mail today and noticed that if I spread liquid across the surface, almost always the arm will not be long enough to get the liquid on the dead wax near the groove. This is made even worse when I put the acrylic platter on to stop the steam coming out of the liquid tank inside. Is this a common experience? How have you fixed this if you've experienced it?

Another question I have is that each time ive cleaned a record on it, the record always has a smell to it - I diluted the included cleaning liquid with distilled water to around 1:15 ratio and always do 3-4 revolutions while vacuuming - is this a common experience too?

Thanks
If their fluid has a perfume smell to it, then they are trying to mask the smell of alcohol. Some won’t use alcohol based cleaners, some have used it for years with no ill effects.

If their fluid has a perfume smell to it, then they are trying to mask the smell of alcohol. Some won’t use alcohol based cleaners, some have used it for years with no ill effects.
It's not Alcohol based, but I suppose it could be intentional.

Thanks

Hello all,

Thanks
I have a VC-S2.

How big is the unvaccumed part of the record? I'll sometimes have a very small amount, maybe a few millimetres. I tend to air dry for a bit (I was batch cleaning), so it never really became an issue, although I did find sometimes if I went to put it straight into an inner there was a little bit of fluid still there.

My routine is liquid on first, then spin one way, spin the other, leave for a wee bit, the vacuum. I was more of a 1:10 mix.

I have a VC-S2.

How big is the unvaccumed part of the record? I'll sometimes have a very small amount, maybe a few millimetres. I tend to air dry for a bit (I was batch cleaning), so it never really became an issue, although I did find sometimes if I went to put it straight into an inner there was a little bit of fluid still there.

My routine is liquid on first, then spin one way, spin the other, leave for a wee bit, the vacuum. I was more of a 1:10 mix.
It's a good few mils, but I'll try combining with air drying and see how it goes, thanks :)

Back