Comics Corner

I second this, I've been a subscriber for years now, and have read most of the comics from a guide I found that's mostly chronological from around 1997 - 2010. I can only imagine what that would cost buying the comics outright.

Is that for the subscription package that includes the yearly box with special edition comics and figures? I love getting those each year. Based on what I've looked up in the past you could easily flip those items to recoup even the non-sale price.
I don't believe so. I've been tempted to do that one in the past for events at San Diego Comic Con, but it's never seemed to be worth it from what I've seen. And frankly between comics and vinyl I don't need any more stuff! Ok, maybe more vinyl...

Hey All, just wanted to pop in here to let you know I'm giving away a couple copies of a new graphic novel:

Comic related, this Dark AF series finally has a trailer.

Gotta say, I went into this blind and (incorrectly) assumed it would be largely driven by humor, but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. After this I binged The Boys, which almost felt like a live-action version of Invincible. Both great shows, both looking forward to the upcoming new seasons (in 2022 I'm guessing).

Watched the first episode of Y: The Last Man on Hulu. Been awhile since I read the series, looks like they took a few small deviations to define the characters early, but i'm in for more. Casting seems pretty solid.
I haven’t watched it yet but saw this nice article about how the show deviates from the comic…

I was wondering if any of you guys buy/sell silver-age comics at all?

Quite a few years ago I used to buy a lot of key comics (mainly Marvel but quite a few DC and indie stuff too) and have a few long boxes full of stuff that's just been sitting there gathering dust. Im tempted to start selling them off individually and wondered whether I should go down the route of sending some of them off to CGC to be graded. I'm still part of several comic facebook groups (not that I use the platform much anymore) and im staggered by how much the prices have shot up. I have a few CGC comics that I bought on the second-hand market but have never sent anything off myself and wondered how easy/expensive it is? Is it worth the upfront cost typically?

As some examples of first appearances, I have Black Panther, Jessica Jones, Mysterio, Gwen Stacey & Harry Osbourne, Venom cameo, Sinister Six, Taskmaster, X-Factor, Rogue, Bullseye, Electra, Black Bolt/Inhumans, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Carol Danvers Captain Marvel, Star Lord, The New Mutants, Spider-woman, Miles Morales as Spider-man, Scorpion, Black Widow, Sharon Carter, Apocalypse, Blob, Gambit.

Other 'keys' include the death of Gwen Stacey, first appearance of the black spider-man suit, death of Baron Zemo, death of Elektra, origin of Adam Warlock, death of Kang the Conquerer, death of Spider-man and Green Goblin, first appearance of Thor's Stormbreaker, 3rd appearance and origin of Blade, death of Pheonix/Jean Grey, death of Colossus.

I THINK some of these have some good value to them from what I have seen, but I would need to weigh up the potential increase that they would gain if I were to send them off to CGC.

Cheers

I was wondering if any of you guys buy/sell silver-age comics at all?

Quite a few years ago I used to buy a lot of key comics (mainly Marvel but quite a few DC and indie stuff too) and have a few long boxes full of stuff that's just been sitting there gathering dust. Im tempted to start selling them off individually and wondered whether I should go down the route of sending some of them off to CGC to be graded. I'm still part of several comic facebook groups (not that I use the platform much anymore) and im staggered by how much the prices have shot up. I have a few CGC comics that I bought on the second-hand market but have never sent anything off myself and wondered how easy/expensive it is? Is it worth the upfront cost typically?

As some examples of first appearances, I have Black Panther, Jessica Jones, Mysterio, Gwen Stacey & Harry Osbourne, Venom cameo, Sinister Six, Taskmaster, X-Factor, Rogue, Bullseye, Electra, Black Bolt/Inhumans, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Carol Danvers Captain Marvel, Star Lord, The New Mutants, Spider-woman, Miles Morales as Spider-man, Scorpion, Black Widow, Sharon Carter, Apocalypse, Blob, Gambit.

Other 'keys' include the death of Gwen Stacey, first appearance of the black spider-man suit, death of Baron Zemo, death of Elektra, origin of Adam Warlock, death of Kang the Conquerer, death of Spider-man and Green Goblin, first appearance of Thor's Stormbreaker, 3rd appearance and origin of Blade, death of Pheonix/Jean Grey, death of Colossus.

I THINK some of these have some good value to them from what I have seen, but I would need to weigh up the potential increase that they would gain if I were to send them off to CGC.

Cheers
Nice collection! It depends, if they are flawless unread copies it might be worth it but keep in mind the grading places are swamped right now and I heard there is something like a year plus backlog to have things graded. On top of the cost to mail, grading, and protection once graded it could get a bit pricy so you would need to weight value/cost. Selling them ungraded would keep you from getting max value but you also wouldn’t incur a ton off additional cost either. It’s probably worth checking into but I would likely only take the time and eat the cost if I had one or two ultra rare/ultra valuable books.

Nice collection! It depends, if they are flawless unread copies it might be worth it but keep in mind the grading places are swamped right now and I heard there is something like a year plus backlog to have things graded. On top of the cost to mail, grading, and protection once graded it could get a bit pricy so you would need to weight value/cost. Selling them ungraded would keep you from getting max value but you also wouldn’t incur a ton off additional cost either. It’s probably worth checking into but I would likely only take the time and eat the cost if I had one or two ultra rare/ultra valuable books.
Thanks for this, I did expect the costs but totally didn't think about the backlog. I might end up having a look online and pulling out the most pricey ones, then comparing their raw sale price to slabbed. I would have no idea how to accurately grade them but I guess I can get a ballpark figure.

Bumping this thread back up, since the content isn't really Marvel / DC / Super. Handed off my copies of Paper Girls to my 14 year old daughter, and she finished it in 2 days, and she's definitely not a reader. Was really enjoyable discussing the books with her during and after her read.
I need to pick up the rest of that. I enjoyed the first collection.

Bumping this thread back up, since the content isn't really Marvel / DC / Super. Handed off my copies of Paper Girls to my 14 year old daughter, and she finished it in 2 days, and she's definitely not a reader. Was really enjoyable discussing the books with her during and after her read.
Just saw this trailer. I still haven't finished the comic, so I don't know how true this is, but it looks a bit different than I remember.

Back