College Football

Agreed. The neutral site one offs really kill the beauty of college football. I mean Texas OU is so different. It's a true 50/50 split, equidistant from both campuses, hate filled day of fun. The State Fair of Texas helps make it a great atmosphere. It's just not the same in a soulless NFL stadium. It's my adult Christmas, even when we lose.

My brother and I like to take UT road trips. We're 0-2 so far as we went to LA to see us almost knock off USC and then the debacle in Maryland. Still, it was a fun trip both times. The USC one being a lot more fun since we were able to walk through USC's campus, check out the scene, spend some time in LA, and get to see our team play in a historic venue. The game at Redskins stadium was not as fun given it was at a soulless NFL stadium. No walk through the campus. No checking out how they tailgate. I would've much prefered a trip to College Park. We're planning to attempt to make it to Baton Rouge next year. Other fun trips coming up: Bama in 2023, Michigan in 2024, not sure about Ohio State in 2026 as we heard horror stories after that 2005 trip, Georgia in 2029, Florida in 2030, Arizona State in 2032. I'm excited we're taking on some SEC opponents every couple of years. That's what college football should be about. Play your rivals and play traditional powerhouses in your out of conference. Give your fans some fun teams to watch.

We could ........ mind you.......go back, ohhhh, let’s say, 30 years.

Florida 21 wins - UGaly 9 wins....

YIKES. That dog got no bite.
I thought we were talking about the current state of affairs. Just goes to show how little confidence you have in your team this year. Sorry that the East runs through Athens for now.

PS you gonna make the trip to j’ville this year?

I thought we were talking about the current state of affairs. Just goes to show how little confidence you have in your team this year. Sorry that the East runs through Athens for now.

PS you gonna make the trip to j’ville this year?
Uhmm, you assume wrong my friend. On the contrary, I’m counting on the Gators to tame you cur dogs this year.

A win or two does not make a ripple in this series.

Back