College Football

i will laugh and laugh and laugh every single time, but how is it still possible that this even happens

We watched this live and I yelled so loud I scared the dog in the other room. I have seen similar plays like this but never that egregious. He is very lucky his defensive teammates bailed him out and got a Safety on the very next play.

We watched this live and I yelled so loud I scared the dog in the other room. I have seen similar plays like this but never that egregious. He is very lucky his defensive teammates bailed him out and got a Safety on the very next play.
I would have loved to see the Utah defensive player pick it up and run it all the way back.

I would have loved to see the Utah defensive player pick it up and run it all the way back.
Right! Though I think he was pretty gassed from his pursuit. I think he woulda needed to hand it off as I don’t think we was gonna run another 100 yards. I also think he was as dumbfounded as everyone else. Like I have seen it where it’s super close almost simultaneously dude throws the ball down in celebration right before the cross the goal line but dude almost a full yard short when he threw it down. I think the other Huskies were worried about celebrating and must have missed it because there were at least two others right there that could have easily picked up the ball and stepped into the end zone just to be safe. I enjoy a good celebration following a big play but if you ever needed video evidence to support handing the ball to ref and/or playing until you hear the whistle, that’s it right there.

Right! Though I think he was pretty gassed from his pursuit. I think he woulda needed to hand it off as I don’t think we was gonna run another 100 yards. I also think he was as dumbfounded as everyone else. Like I have seen it where it’s super close almost simultaneously dude throws the ball down in celebration right before the cross the goal line but dude almost a full yard short when he threw it down. I think the other Huskies were worried about celebrating and must have missed it because there were at least two others right there that could have easily picked up the ball and stepped into the end zone just to be safe. I enjoy a good celebration following a big play but if you ever needed video evidence to support handing the ball to ref and/or playing until you hear the whistle, that’s it right there.
Great point, 100 back the other way is a lot at the end of the play. So idiotic to drop it THAT early. I was pulling for Utah that whole game, but Washington is really good.

Going to make a nice big pot of gumbo for our Sugar Bowl date with Washington. And I love Washington. Probably my favorite Pac 12 team. It will be a tremendous game. I hate this for Florida State. It's completely unfair that they are left out. I get why they are left out but it really sucks that they did everything they were asked to do and still aren't in.

Going to make a nice big pot of gumbo for our Sugar Bowl date with Washington. And I love Washington. Probably my favorite Pac 12 team. It will be a tremendous game. I hate this for Florida State. It's completely unfair that they are left out. I get why they are left out but it really sucks that they did everything they were asked to do and still aren't in.
No offense to Texas. I am fine with them making the playoff (TBH, I feel like FSU got royally screwed and the SEC bias in college football really messed up an obvious 4 of Washington, Michigan, Texas, and Florida State) but I was really hoping for a Michigan Vs Washington Rose Bowl. The final year of the Pac 12, it woulda been nice to go out with a traditional Big 10 vs Pac 12 match up. One of the first college football bowl games I recall caring about was the 1993 Rose Bowl where Michigan edged out Washington, I had recently became a fan of Michigan due to the rise of the Fab 5. That season was weird for Michigan, they went undefeated but ended up with 3 ties.

I think with the two big power conferences in football, the Big Ten and SEC, the selection committee should have had the current and future Big 10 schools play in a Rose Semifinal and the current and future SEC schools play in a Sugar Bowl Semifinal setting up an SEC vs Big Ten championship game.

No offense to Texas. I am fine with them making the playoff (TBH, I feel like FSU got royally screwed and the SEC bias in college football really messed up an obvious 4 of Washington, Michigan, Texas, and Florida State) but I was really hoping for a Michigan Vs Washington Rose Bowl. The final year of the Pac 12, it woulda been nice to go out with a traditional Big 10 vs Pac 12 match up. One of the first college football bowl games I recall caring about was the 1993 Rose Bowl where Michigan edged out Washington, I had recently became a fan of Michigan due to the rise of the Fab 5. That season was weird for Michigan, they went undefeated but ended up with 3 ties.

I think with the two big power conferences in football, the Big Ten and SEC, the selection committee should have had the current and future Big 10 schools play in a Rose Semifinal and the current and future SEC schools play in a Sugar Bowl Semifinal setting up an SEC vs Big Ten championship game.
Yeah Georgia losing messed that up. It also kept FSU out. I too was hoping for a traditional Rose Bowl with Michigan and Washington and then Texas playing Georgia in the Sugar if FSU had lost yesterday. Texas isn't in the playoff if Georgia and FSU won yesterday.

I think in 10 years, USC and UCLA are really going to regret destroying the Pac 12. When they're off playing Illinois or Purdue and continually losing to Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon, and Washington, they're going to really regret destroying their tradition. I know that's a bit of irony coming from a fan whose school kicked all this off but at least Texas is getting 2 traditional rivals back and we're not crossing 3 time zones to play our opponents. Texas and OU to SEC makes some sense. Pac 12 teams going east makes little. I think Washington and Oregon will do really well in the Big 10.

Yeah Georgia losing messed that up. It also kept FSU out. I too was hoping for a traditional Rose Bowl with Michigan and Washington and then Texas playing Georgia in the Sugar if FSU had lost yesterday. Texas isn't in the playoff if Georgia and FSU won yesterday.

I think in 10 years, USC and UCLA are really going to regret destroying the Pac 12. When they're off playing Illinois or Purdue and continually losing to Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon, and Washington, they're going to really regret destroying their tradition. I know that's a bit of irony coming from a fan whose school kicked all this off but at least Texas is getting 2 traditional rivals back and we're not crossing 3 time zones to play our opponents. Texas and OU to SEC makes some sense. Pac 12 teams going east makes little. I think Washington and Oregon will do really well in the Big 10.
My prediction would be in 10-15 years you end up with two 30 team super conferences and each stretch from Coast To Coast each conference will have multiple divisions and will only play other schools with their own Conference (Notre Dame have to join one or be related to playing lesser talent and excluded from National Championships). The Bid Ten and SEC will have their own conference playoff/tournament and crown a Conference Champion. Then each year they will have a series of post season exhibition games between Non-Championship SEC and Big Ten teams (which will replace many of the current bowl games) and the whole thing will conclude with a National Championship game where the SEC Champ plays the Big Ten champ to determine The National Champion.

Outside of the 60 teams within the two major conferences they will have a separate lesser of football that would operate more like Division 1AA does today.

Sad that Texas couldn't pull off that final play but it was an incredible season. They exceeded my expectations. Very excited for the future and the move to the SEC. The championship should be a fun game. Penix is a great QB and it's great that the winner will be a team that hasn't won it in a long time.

Sad that Texas couldn't pull off that final play but it was an incredible season. They exceeded my expectations. Very excited for the future and the move to the SEC. The championship should be a fun game. Penix is a great QB and it's great that the winner will be a team that hasn't won it in a long time.
The Big Ten had been getting crushed by the SEC in bowl games this year. I am very happy that the Championship game will feature Michigan and Washington meaning the defending National Champ will be in the Big Ten next year. It’s been awhile.

The Big Ten had been getting crushed by the SEC in bowl games this year. I am very happy that the Championship game will feature Michigan and Washington meaning the defending National Champ will be in the Big Ten next year. It’s been awhile.
Yeah, you kind of got your defacto Rose Bowl in the championship game. If Michigan can run the ball, I think they'll take it. The ground game was there for us last night and we turned it over running twice. I think the playoff committee got it right. Both 1 loss teams took the higher seed to the brink. Next year will be interesting because I don't think having the bye is going to be advantageous. A lot of teams with a loss can get hot really quickly in a tournament.

Yeah, you kind of got your defacto Rose Bowl in the championship game. If Michigan can run the ball, I think they'll take it. The ground game was there for us last night and we turned it over running twice. I think the playoff committee got it right. Both 1 loss teams took the higher seed to the brink. Next year will be interesting because I don't think having the bye is going to be advantageous. A lot of teams with a loss can get hot really quickly in a tournament.
yeah, I guess it depends on what the goal of the committee was. They didn’t make the fairest decision but they gave us the best games.

Back