Best Music of 2021

wokeupnew

Hey @wokeupnew have you noticed Men I Trust has added two new songs to The Untourable Album on Bandcamp? These two new tracks don't appear on Spotify for some reason. I wonder if they are going to be on the physical copies of the album. 🤔
weird, I'm not seeing them on the Bandcamp right now, but I definitely have them because when I bought the album when it first came out it came with the bonus tracks as mp3s. I mostly listen to it via Spotify on my computer and only listen to the mp3s on the go on my phone, so I've heard them a few times. They feel like b-sides which makes sense they left them out.

My guess is that they won't be on the album because the LP listing on the bandcamp doesn't show them

1634056385183.png

Hollywood

weird, I'm not seeing them on the Bandcamp right now, but I definitely have them because when I bought the album when it first came out it came with the bonus tracks as mp3s. I mostly listen to it via Spotify on my computer and only listen to the mp3s on the go on my phone, so I've heard them a few times. They feel like b-sides which makes sense they left them out.

My guess is that they won't be on the album because the LP listing on the bandcamp doesn't show them

View attachment 114679
Looks like it's only on the BC app 🤷‍♂️

wokeupnew

This Angel Olsen covers EP is better than it has any right to be. "Eyes Without A Face" is incredible.

Which has me thinking that there's been a few very good EPs this year. A few where if the quality was stretched out to a full album's length they'd be in contention for AOTY. What have been some of your favorite EPs?

Hollywood

This Angel Olsen covers EP is better than it has any right to be. "Eyes Without A Face" is incredible.

Which has me thinking that there's been a few very good EPs this year. A few where if the quality was stretched out to a full album's length they'd be in contention for AOTY. What have been some of your favorite EPs?

I unfortunately did NOT enjoy this covers EP as much as you did. Although I agree that Angel Olsen pulls off "Eyes Without A Face" flawlessly, I don't feel the other cover songs on Aisles measures up as well. Case in point "We Can Dance" Even though, she made the song her own, it is barely unrecognizable. 🤷‍♂️

My favorite EPs of the year so far are Kero Kero Bonito's Civilisation II and Yves Tumor's The Asymptotical World.

wokeupnew

I unfortunately did NOT enjoy this covers EP as much as you did. Although I agree that Angel Olsen pulls off "Eyes Without A Face" flawlessly, I don't feel the other cover songs on Aisles measures up as well. Case in point "We Can Dance" Even though, she made the song her own, it is barely unrecognizable. 🤷‍♂️

My favorite EPs of the year so far are Kero Kero Bonito's Civilisation II and Yves Tumor's The Asymptotical World.
I was only familiar with "Forever Young" since I'm kind of a youngin' and don't know those songs well. I liked this one a lot more compared to her Three Covers EP from 2 years ago which was really disappointing.

I made a playlist of all my favorite EPs, which is what prompted me to make that post.

My personal favorites are:

beabadoobee

dad sports (I believe these guys are from Ottawa!)

and JayWood

gaporter

Rip_City

What have been some of your favorite EPs?
My top 5 EPs of 2021 (so far):

FiveEps.PNG
1) Kero Kero Bonito - Civilisation II [synthpop, deep house]
2)
Yves Tumor - The Asymptotical World [neo-psychedelia, post-industrial]
3) Jorja Smith - Be Right Back [contemporary R&B]
4) Beach Bunny - Blame Game [power pop]
5) A Place to Bury Strangers - Hologram [post-punk, gothic rock]