Arts & Crafts Record Club (Canadian)

BattleFlag

Got an e-mail from the fairly well-known Arts & Crafts Canadian-based label today......and they are starting a record club!

Pretty interested in this, as I quite enjoy them as a label. Pretty darn decent pricing options as well, considering that we usually get raked over the coals with higher subscription/shipping prices up here.

Cole's Notes: 2 record shipped together every two months, one newer release and one from their catalogue. Can swap either (or both) from a selected five other options. $25/month ($150 total) if you go 6 months, and $21/month ($252 total) if you go 12 months. That includes shipping and gives you 25% off anything else in their online store.

And sorry to everyone else, but it looks like it is only available to Canadian addresses.

Thoughts? Pretty sure I will be giving this at least a 6 month go.

Got an e-mail from the fairly well-known Arts & Crafts Canadian-based label today......and they are starting a record club!

Pretty interested in this, as I quite enjoy them as a label. Pretty darn decent pricing options as well, considering that we usually get raked over the coals with higher subscription/shipping prices up here.

Cole's Notes: 2 record shipped together every two months, one newer release and one from their catalogue. Can swap either (or both) from a selected five other options. $25/month ($150 total) if you go 6 months, and $21/month ($252 total) if you go 12 months. That includes shipping and gives you 25% off anything else in their online store.

And sorry to everyone else, but it looks like it is only available to Canadian addresses.

Damn, that's amazing! Really, really good prices. I've bought very little vinyl this year as I'm trying to save for some other things, but I love this label and it will definitely be very tempting. More CanCon is always good.

Very tempting. I had pre-ordered the Hannah Georgas exclusive from VMP, but might need to cancel to try this out.

Or has anyone signed up yet and know what the 5 other choices are?

And not to quibble, but aren't the Gord Downie and Hannah Georgas both new releases rather than catalogue?

Very tempting. I had pre-ordered the Hannah Georgas exclusive from VMP, but might need to cancel to try this out.

Or has anyone signed up yet and know what the 5 other choices are?

And not to quibble, but aren't the Gord Downie and Hannah Georgas both new releases rather than catalogue?

I signed up, but they do not show what the five swap choices are. Once my order gets fulfilled, I imagine there would be some sort of a member page. Will keep you posted.

Yeah, both Gord and Hannah’s album are new releases. They may be doing that as incentive to join, but it definitely does say one new and one older title.

Looks interest and it looks like shipping is included in the cost so that is nice. A&C is not my favourite Canadian label but might take a dip on this for 6 months to see how it works.

So I got my first e-mail about my first two records with the A&C Record Club before the weekend. No "member portal" at the moment, but they sent an e-mail with a link for options to swap out the first two choices (the new Gord Downie and Hannah Georas album respectively.

Swap options were:

Liza Anne - "Bad Vacation" (Already own it)
Andy Shauf - "The Neon Skyline"
Sarah Harmer - "Are You Gone"
Frazey Ford - "U Kin B the Sun"
Japandroids - "Massey Fucking Hall"
Bombay Bicycle Club - "Everything Else Has Gone Wrong"
Jade Hairpins - "Harmony Avenue"
Jehnny Beth - "To Love Is To Live"

Pretty decent options for swapping, including some stuff that I don't know that I could discover. I'm not swapping out either record for this round (Andy Shauf would have been my first choice to swap if I did want to), but I'm encouraged about the options thus far. Don't know if they will grow or rotate options as it goes, but I'm looking forward to my first couple records which are scheduled to ship today.

My first A&C Record Club shipment arrived today! Man, maybe I am just jaded by how long my VMP shipments used to take, but one week is not too shabby at all.

Everything was packed pretty well, no dings or damages to speak of. When I opened the box, I found each record wrapped nicely with brown paper and string, with an A&C stamp on the paper. Nice touch. It also included a hand-written thank you postcard from the President of Arts & Crafts, along with a bonus 7" of one of Kevin Drew's "Backed Out On The..." from his first solo album (which is pretty great if you haven't listened to it).

thumbnail_IMG_2427.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2428.jpg

Pretty happy with this overall! Excited to see what the next duo of album choices are, and quite happy to be supporting something like this in Canada.

My first A&C Record Club shipment arrived today! Man, maybe I am just jaded by how long my VMP shipments used to take, but one week is not too shabby at all.

Everything was packed pretty well, no dings or damages to speak of. When I opened the box, I found each record wrapped nicely with brown paper and string, with an A&C stamp on the paper. Nice touch. It also included a hand-written thank you postcard from the President of Arts & Crafts, along with a bonus 7" of one of Kevin Drew's "Backed Out On The..." from his first solo album (which is pretty great if you haven't listened to it).

View attachment 78127
View attachment 78128

Pretty happy with this overall! Excited to see what the next duo of album choices are, and quite happy to be supporting something like this in Canada.
That's awesome! The wrapping is such a nice touch.

It looks like the next two are Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record (I assume the 2xLP, not the 3x10") and Busty and the Bass - Eddie.

Correct. I’ve swapped out Forgiveness Rock Record (as I already own it) for Andy Shauf’s “The Neon Skyline”.

Second shipment arrived from A&C today! Looks like my swap went through just fine, which I did wonder about since it's not quite as robust as someone like VMP who have their whole swap page which confirms everything. (It was just an e-mailed link to swap either record and send your e-mail address with it)

Both the Andy Shauf and Busty and the Bass albums look pristine.

Intrigued to see what the final two options will be. Also intrigued to see what they will do for a re-up/second round of the subscription. It appears they had a set number of subs they were selling, and I believe they sold out of it.

I love A&C! If they expand this club to the US I will definitely sign up.

Back