April 2021 Challenge Thread

DAY 5
ALBUM NOT FOUND
The Upsetters - Eastwood Rides Again
I tried to make sure to fact check myself on this one, but from what I can tell, despite Spotify having quite a large chunk of Lee Perry's discography available, for whatever reason, this album isn't on there, and doesn't appear to be available through sites like Amazon either.
20210405_141654.jpg

De La Soul were famously absent from Streaming but over the last couple years are now streaming.
Are they? I know a couple of their later albums are available on Spotify, but I thought the classic albums (3 Feet High, Is Dead, Buhloone Mindstate, etc) were all unavailable because of sample clearances or whatever. Are they streaming on another site?

Man, I am right there with ya. All my digital listening is done via high quality MP3 files that I download via P2P sites. I’ve been wracking my brain on this one; De La Soul, Tool, KLF were all famously absent from Streaming but over the last couple years all are now streaming. I am gonna keep digging and see if I can find something.

Some ideas: many TMR Vaults are not on streaming if this is an option; some RSD stuff like the Spoon compilation "All The Weird Kids Up Front", Pretenders "Live At Paradise theatre" and the Hi Records "Hi Tide Groove" compilation off the top of my head. Probably lots of other RSD stuff too.

DAY 4
WHEN THEY WAS FAB
The Beatles - Please Please Me
I don't think anyone played this one. I figured what better album to play than the debut! This album just turned 58 last month, and is the definition of a classic. Definitely deserves its status as one of the best debuts of all time imo
20210405_143703.jpg

Day 5: 404_ALBUM_NOT_FOUND
play a record that’s hard to find online (as in YT, Spotify, iTunes, etc)

Charlie Parker - Jazz at Midnite

Took a while, but I finally found something I have that isn’t on Spotify.

3D4A61E9-C678-44AD-B5C4-33943C7ACC60.jpeg

I’m struggling with today’s topic too. I have a few things not on Spotify, but pretty much everything is on YouTube.

Day 5: 404_ALBUM_NOT_FOUND

Joanna Newsom - Ys

View attachment 94496

Her music is not streamable and this record has been out of print for a while
Is it not? Everything from Milk-Eyed on is available on YouTube Music up here.

Day 05: 404_ALBUM_NOT_FOUND
162E2542-0132-41A0-BE47-02BFF6F9A45C.jpeg

This was tough but thanks to @Turbo ’s tip I started going through my RSD releases and came up with this. Live From The Palomino is only partially available. Streaming version of that s live album is 10 tracks in length but as a Record Store Day vinyl release they offered up the full 17 song set.

DAY 6: TARTAN DAY: Play something Scottish

Teenage Fanclub - A Catholic Education

01FFC16F-5A46-40DB-8C4D-29912827A211.jpeg

Teenage Fanclub is one of my favorite bands, but when I lived in Scotland shortly after graduating, I worked with some guys who tried to make a case for Del Amitri being the best Scottish band of all time. I still don’t think so, but at least they showed me that Del Amitri had a lot more than just that one song with the bizarre video of them as babies.

Back