Anyone here into or play in drum corps (DCI)?

Satchmo2go

I was looking forward to seeing some DCI this summer so went to YouTube to watch some DCI tonight. Don’t recall any thread on this subject. Never marched but have been attending shows since I was 4-5 years old. Live in Knoxville and for many years the Smokies has the longest running stop. Whenever I took someone to their first show, always showed them the drum unit warming up. That’s all it takes to get someone hooked. Still not sure about the new kits but if that’s what it takes to keep kids interested then so be it. I don’t have ONE favorite Corp. I could watch that stuff for hours.

Also for those uninitiated make sure to google and YouTube. The best to watch there would be more modern stuff since the old stuff is fuzzy on the tele/smart phone.

Are they still active? I thought the VK got resurrected for a bit, but then folded again. I haven't kept on DCI much in general, I keep meaning to go to the finals when they have it broadcast in the movie theater. Obviously not this year, but...

Back