Amazon Record Club - Golden Era of Vinyl

Can you just send back like regular Amazon? I suppose not going in on it will save you having The Card Cheat stuck in your head for about a year though.
I think you can send back if it’s unopened? Thought I saw some fine print that said that…

Looks like no one is super interested in this here, but I’ve found that the selection is actually pretty good. And I’m not sure how they “curate” your ROTM, but I’ve done the following a couple times: subscribe, then wait a minute to see what my “order” is on the order page, then cancel (both the individual order and the subscription), and resubscribe again to see what the new pick is.

So far, I’ve been slated to receive the following (Amazon approx. price for the selection for reference of value):
London Calling by the Clash ($32)
Giant Steps 60th anniversary deluxe 2LP by John Coltrane ($28)
Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd ($27)
Exile on Main St. by The Rolling Stones ($32)

I’m not sure if this info is worthwhile to anyone, but if you’re interested in any of the albums above for a discount of a couple bucks, you might want to give it a shot.

Generally I don’t think it’s too bad of a selection for someone starting out in their record collection.

In addition to those, I've also seen reports of others getting Aretha Franklin Amazing Grace 2xLP and The Who Sell Out 2021 edition 2xLP. The only single LP I'm aware of so far is Black Sabbath Master of Reality, which I was going to get until I canceled and resubscribed, as you said you've been doing. That resulted in me getting The Clash London Calling 2xLP, which is worth $25 to me.

And this “club” is cheaper than any available good pressing really elsewhere. Even cheaper than if you bought it on Amazon itself. I think you underestimate how lazy people are haha. Look at how many VMP subscribers there are.

again, this really isn’t geared toward most of us here. I agree with your points largely and you’re not wrong. But there’s definitely a market for this.

They are. From my side, every time I put a classic in the swap at WaxBuyersClub, even if you can find it easily at lower price than our membership, it is out of stock in a minute. What ever the number of copies I put in it.

Whenever Amazon Vinyl "Club" arrives in Europe, it will hurt us badly.

Last edited:
Did anyone stay subscribed for July? I honestly completely forgot about this and just got a shipping notification for London Calling, which is what I was hoping to get last month.

I stayed subscribed, but the item they selected for me was Creedence Clearwater Revival Chronicles compilation. I already have the Analogue Productions SACD box set of CCR's entire studio albums catalog, so I didn't see the advantage of getting Chronicles on LP. Plus I think someone on a different forums said that it could be purchased outright from Amazon for around $26, so I didn't see that the Amazon subscription was giving enough value either.

So I'm still subscribed, but I canceled the CCR for this month before it shipped. I'll see what August's selection is, and hope for something more of a value compared to just paying regular retail price.

I stayed subscribed, but the item they selected for me was Creedence Clearwater Revival Chronicles compilation. I already have the Analogue Productions SACD box set of CCR's entire studio albums catalog, so I didn't see the advantage of getting Chronicles on LP. Plus I think someone on a different forums said that it could be purchased outright from Amazon for around $26, so I didn't see that the Amazon subscription was giving enough value either.

So I'm still subscribed, but I canceled the CCR for this month before it shipped. I'll see what August's selection is, and hope for something more of a value compared to just paying regular retail price.
I got CCR twice. I caught it in July before it shipped and cancelled the order, but was out of town in August and they sent it again. Easy return - going to see what they are going to send in Sept, but will likely cancel if it's not of good value.

Back