Amazon Record Club - Golden Era of Vinyl

Twentytwo

GET AN ESSENTIAL ALBUM, EVERY MONTH - Join the club and receive one must-own record from the Golden Era of Vinyl (1960s-1970s) each month, handpicked by the experts at Amazon Music.
BUILD THE ULTIMATE VINYL COLLECTION - Start or grow an enviable collection with some of the greatest albums ever — Iconic classics from artists like Pink Floyd, Aretha Franklin, ABBA, and more. A great gift for anyone who’s just fallen in love with vinyl.
SUBSCRIBE WITH CONFIDENCE – You can skip a month or cancel any time.
BE AMONG THE FIRST - Subscribe now and help us evolve our service by providing feedback on your experience.

Amazon product ASIN B095WFPM47

ffs...

.... no .

I mean, this was inevitable and I don't really even fault Amazon here. This is a symptom of the Spotify Recommended Playlist Algorithm Culture where new music collectors want to be told what they should listen to, all things curated.

It also seems to be a classic rock oriented subscription and with the absolute confusion for new collectors over which pressings to get vs the availability and price of older pressings in the wild, it's really kind of efficient.

I don't want to say I'm a trendsetter - so I'll let you all come to that inevitable conclusion - but I've been saying "Amazon Me, Please" for years.

Ok, it's because Alexa says that if I ever want to find out the location of the shipping container holding my family, then I'll comply and the "please" definitely sounds like desperate pleading. But, still....

I don't want to say I'm a trendsetter - so I'll let you all come to that inevitable conclusion - but I've been saying "Amazon Me, Please" for years.

Ok, it's because Alexa says that if I ever want to find out the location of the shipping container holding my family, then I'll comply and the "please" definitely sounds like desperate pleading. But, still....
Is that what AMP means when audiophiles talk about it? I'm amped to hear it.

So these aren't release versions that are exclusive to Amazon, right? With colored vinyl and bells and whistles and whatnot?

So these aren't release versions that are exclusive to Amazon, right? With colored vinyl and bells and whistles and whatnot?
This is a putting lipstick on a pig situation. Existing dead stock they have that they're dolling up into a subscription while knocking a few bucks off (which is what they're known for anyway)

Yep, if you subscribe it shows this version which is $36.00 regularly.

Amazon product ASIN B01IOED4BK
Yeah, so to me they will be locking people in a sub that they'll forget to cancel and will end up in much more revenue than had they just let the records sit in their warehouses. But sadly most people will get these as gifts and think they're getting these awesomely curated selections, not unlike Very Meaty, Pizza or VNYL.

Yeah, so to me they will be locking people in a sub that they'll forget to cancel and will end up in much more revenue than had they just let the records sit in their warehouses. But sadly most people will get these as gifts and think they're getting these awesomely curated selections, not unlike Very Meaty, Pizza or VNYL.

You sound really cynical about this, but this isn't for people like us. This is for new collectors specifically getting into classic rock or building a library of the basics that we all already have...its a monthly sub that you can cancel, and if they are going to send out titles like The Wall 2016 Grundman pressings for $24 then...I don't see what the problem is.

If anything, VMP needs a competitive kick in the ass over its current price structure. Idk how VINYL gets invoked in all of this, I'm going to just guess they have never sent a single member an album as quality as a new copy of The Wall since they opened for business

You sound really cynical about this, but this isn't for people like us. This is for new collectors specifically getting into classic rock or building a library of the basics that we all already have...its a monthly sub that you can cancel, and if they are going to send out titles like The Wall 2016 Grundman pressings for $24 then...I don't see what the problem is.

If anything, VMP needs a competitive kick in the ass over its current price structure. Idk how VINYL gets invoked in all of this, I'm going to just guess they have never sent a single member an album as quality as a new copy of The Wall since they opened for business
VMP could release a $57 white vinyl edition of The Wall and this still not feel a whiff of competition from this. That’s a different problem though.

But this is indeed for these kind of collectors. The TikTokers collecting for clout. Speaking of things that sound like clout, I see a cloud I’m gonna go yell at

625DC0D9-500C-4A9B-9898-E3206B77E748.jpeg

Back