Album of The Year - Endgame

This list definitely rewards long runs of very good albums. In particular, R.E.M., The Cure, and The National are much higher than I think most would rate them due to this factor.

What I think the list doesn't really do is draw out the distinction between great and very good albums. Take the Stones, I would take their 5 best albums head and shoulders above almost every other artist on the list (except the Beatles, Dylan, and maybe Bowie/Miles).

It also equalizes years to some extent, particularly between eras, so its weighted more towards contemporary artists who can put a good run together.

Hey @Woob_woob , you’re probably sick of dealing with this thread, but if not, do you have any plans on linking some of the missing years on the page one post?

Hey @Woob_woob , you’re probably sick of dealing with this thread, but if not, do you have any plans on linking some of the missing years on the page one post?
I've told myself multiple times that I would, but thats different than actually doing it. All results are in the spreadsheet thats linked on the first post tho

that's what the spreddy is for! 🤘

holy fuck this year is stacked

1. Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun
  2. Stars of the Lid - Avec Laudenum
  3. The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
  4. The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
  5. American Football - American Football
  6. Built to Spill - Keep it Like a Secret
  7. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot For New Zerø Kanada (the best pound for pound GY!BE Release IMO)
  8. The Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About
  9. of Montreal - The Gay Parade
  10. Blur - 13
Honorable Mentions:
  • Beck - Midnite Vultures
  • Pavement - Terror Twilight
  • Mogwai - Come On Die Young
  • Wilco - Summerteeth
  • Guster - Lost and Gone Forever
  • Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles
  • The Apples in Stereo - Her Wallpaper Reverie
I see you.