A Rush of Blood to the Thread: Coldplay

Watched the 2 Jordan shows. That's seals the deal. Coldplay has won me back!

Yeah my association with the album and performances can never be separated. This is an excellent record and didn’t need the help of these performances, as I was already thinking this was a top 3 for Coldplay. These performances really helped the experience of the sunrise , sunset concept and I love that I have the visuals to go along with it.

I've literally listened to nothing but this album since Friday and not even close to being tired of it.

Same. I took a nice fall drive yesterday though a huge neighborhood. My son was asleep and everyone else was shopping. So to keep him asleep I just drove.

I listened to the album. Then I listened to the album “live in Jordan version”. Then I listened the the bonus Japan track, Flags.

Speaking of which , does anyone have that in high quality ? Mine skips, yes a digital file, at about 2:55

Same. I took a nice fall drive yesterday though a huge neighborhood. My son was asleep and everyone else was shopping. So to keep him asleep I just drove.

I listened to the album. Then I listened to the album “live in Jordan version”. Then I listened the the bonus Japan track, Flags.

Speaking of which , does anyone have that in high quality ? Mine skips, yes a digital file, at about 2:55
Are you just listening to the Live in Jordan right off YouTube?

Got my gold today.

Did you order the 7” via Coldplay store ?

I’m assuming no for pins for me as it’s a Xmas gift.
Yeah. I ordered the 7" from the Coldplay store. The email I sent to customer service mentioned a change in warehouse. I imagine that's the problem.

I've been pleasantly surprised by 'Everyday Life'. Like every other Coldplay releases in the last decade, I had no expectations whatsoever in regards to the new double album as I grew tired of the band a long time ago. In fact I wasn't even planning on listening to it all, until I heard 'Arabesque' play on the radio one day. That track immediately caught my attention and piqued my interest, as it sounded so different than anything they've ever written before, not to mention the complete 180-degree turn from their arena pop-rock sound that invaded the radio airwaves the last 10 years. So when reviews started coming in and reviewers were using adjectives such bold, audacious, adventurous and experimental to describe the new album, even with all my preconceived notions, I had to check it out for myself, if only to satisfy my curiosity, and boy am I ever glad I did. This album is very good! Possibly their best album since 'Viva La Vida'. 👏👍

I joke around alot here and say "Wonderful Christmastime" is the best Holiday song ever. But I always forget that Coldplay actually made one of the best songs for this time of year. Its weird when a song hits you emotionally, but everytime I hear it it makes me nostalgic for a time when things were better. Not saying that right now my life is bad , but sometimes thinking about the past, loved ones that aren't around anymore, friends that aren't friends anymore and love that faded away. It just makes you wish you could go back in time and experience the holidays when you were younger when the family was more together. When the innocence of santa existing was alright and the warmth on a cold night around a fire was just, normal.

This whole ramble to say you should listen to this song. Its a great song and I don't think Coldplay gets enough credit.

I joke around alot here and say "Wonderful Christmastime" is the best Holiday song ever. But I always forget that Coldplay actually made one of the best songs for this time of year. Its weird when a song hits you emotionally, but everytime I hear it it makes me nostalgic for a time when things were better. Not saying that right now my life is bad , but sometimes thinking about the past, loved ones that aren't around anymore, friends that aren't friends anymore and love that faded away. It just makes you wish you could go back in time and experience the holidays when you were younger when the family was more together. When the innocence of santa existing was alright and the warmth on a cold night around a fire was just, normal.

This whole ramble to say you should listen to this song. Its a great song and I don't think Coldplay gets enough credit.

This is an excellent tune and an excellent post. Didn’t expect to be hit in the feels on this Black Friday. Going to listen to this jam now.

Cheers.

Have skipped every album since viva la Vida but this one has caught my attention. Can anyone tell me about this gold pressing. Was it only available in the US?
I know it was the indie variant but unsure if that was exclusive to US shops.

Have skipped every album since viva la Vida but this one has caught my attention. Can anyone tell me about this gold pressing. Was it only available in the US?
I'm not sure if they ship internationally but it's still available from Amoeba (appears to be sold out from Bullmoose so maybe it is limited?)

edit: and Rough Trade's US store

I'm not sure if they ship internationally but it's still available from Amoeba (appears to be sold out from Bullmoose so maybe it is limited?)

edit: and Rough Trade's US store

Amoeba has 20% the rest of the day cyber20 is the code.
@Lee Newman @uvwxVinyl

Last edited:
Back