A Poll on VMP Thread Consolidation

How many VMP threads should there be in the Vinyl Clubs forum?

• Five threads - one for each track, one for the store (exclusives, swaps, etc.), one for anthology

Votes: 235 84.8%
  • One thread - all VMP related threads in the clubs forum merged into one

Votes: 42 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the list of top replied-to threads in this sub-forum:

Untitled.png

the top 5 are the vmp threads. the next highest thread has about half the replies as the lowest replied to vmp specific thread. when you look at views, the next highest view count has 120k less views than the lowest viewed vmp specific thread.

now, i am speaking for myself here and not for any other member of the staff, but the question i would primarily consider here is this: in what way would consolidating the five most popular threads in this subforum into one benefit or help the overall member community here? based on these numbers, i don't think it would. throw in the original 85% to 15% vote indicating that a large majority of voting members preferred 5 versus 1, to me any consideration of a consolidation is pretty much a non-starter at this point.

At this point I just go into the VMP threads to see what a shitshow everything is with that company. The N&G guess threads are where it's at and I do find it sad that a company who constantly fucks over their customers and bungles even the simplest things has so many defenders over the record club we've built here ourselves. From a traffic standpoint, I think consolidating into one thread would be hell for the mods to keep up with so I don't really wish that on them. But the fact that people want so willingly to give VMP such a big spotlight on this forum makes me feel like people have forgotten the entire reason this forum had to be created in the first place.

At this point I just go into the VMP threads to see what a shitshow everything is with that company. The N&G guess threads are where it's at and I do find it sad that a company who constantly fucks over their customers and bungles even the simplest things has so many defenders over the record club we've built here ourselves. From a traffic standpoint, I think consolidating into one thread would be hell for the mods to keep up with so I don't really wish that on them. But the fact that people want so willingly to give VMP such a big spotlight on this forum makes me feel like people have forgotten the entire reason this forum had to be created in the first place.

one of my many reasons for wanting one is that VMP deserve an enormous messy shit show of a thread that discourages people from using it. Then we might get more interaction in the better parts of our lovely community.

After seeing so many more replies with “raining on a parade” I feel I must post this to lighten the mood

@Teeeee I never meant to upset you. You were one of the first people to reply to me on the old forum when I posted in the Introduce Yourself thread. I won’t forget that. If I upset anyone else I’m sorry. I hate that even discussing VMP in this new space raises everyone’s hackles.

View attachment 38227

the top 5 are the vmp threads. the next highest thread has about half the replies as the lowest replied to vmp specific thread. when you look at views, the next highest view count has 120k less views than the lowest viewed vmp specific thread.

now, i am speaking for myself here and not for any other member of the staff, but the question i would primarily consider here is this: in what way would consolidating the five most popular threads in this subforum into one benefit or help the overall member community here? based on these numbers, i don't think it would. throw in the original 85% to 15% vote indicating that a large majority of voting members preferred 5 versus 1, to me any consideration of a consolidation is pretty much a non-starter at this point.

maybe they're the most replied to because they're associated with the most drama and the most toxicity.
maybe they're the most replied to because when this forum was established you made 4 different tracks for one company.
# of replies does not necessarily equal popularity

the points are moot anyway. the dessenters were shouted down earlier. just close this thread already

maybe they're the most replied to because they're associated with the most drama and the most toxicity.
maybe they're the most replied to because when this forum was established you made 4 different tracks for one company.
# of replies does not necessarily equal popularity

the points are moot anyway. the dessenters were shouted down earlier. just close the this thread already

Yeah numbers are certainly not even remotely the focus of any of the arguments against multiple VMP threads that I have.

I am fine with things as they are, but Essential, Classics, and RHH threads could be consolidated as the monthly subscription thread as the discussion often gets overlapped (in particular, the guesses).

View attachment 38227

For what little it's worth, I agree with this. Keep it clean, keep it organized, it's fine how it is.

It's been working fine, my personal opinion is I think we should keep things as they are.
Nathan?

several of its featured artists and its female employees like shit

hey do you have sources for these two points? not starting an argument but i havent heard about either of them happening and if so i want to be more informed about that

hey do you have sources for these two points? not starting an argument but i havent heard about either of them happening and if so i want to be more informed about that
I do and I will not reveal further.

Edit: I didn't mean that to sound so short, Matt. I don't think it is my place to reveal further details. They aren't my stories. I apologize that I have to be vague.

Last edited:
THIS is why VMP never took the forum seriously to begin with. You are all ridiculous. Read yourselves. You sound like 12-year olds.
VMP did take the forums seriously and theN Started treating their customers like shit. I have no dog in this fight. I ignore the VMP threads. I’m actually more annoyed by people who are still members that treat their profile status like a VMP profile status than multiple threads, but hey not gonna cause a stink over it.

What’s not cool (and one of the reasons that people are so passionately against VMP, because it is what they do to their customers on a regular basis) is to discount people’s experience and emotions.

I stuck my head in here to see what the conversation was about.

My two cents;
Let people have as many threads about whatever as they want. Threads will live or die by the community.

The ignore thread function is there for people who want to do that.

It would be cool if people could remember this is not a dedicated VMP forum and maybe mention VMP in their ROTM and shipping posts when that’s what it is about. However, this is not compulsory nor should it be.

Last edited:
We came from a forum that had hundreds of VMP-related threads. Boiling that down to 5 threads doesn't really seem excessive in the least. Suggesting it be boiled down more just seems like an act of bitterness towards VMP and would be counterproductive for those (myself included) who find the separation of VMP's key topics helpful.

We came from a forum that had hundreds of VMP-related threads. Boiling that down to 5 threads doesn't really seem excessive in the least. Suggesting it be boiled down more just seems like an act of bitterness towards VMP and would be counterproductive for those (myself included) who find the separation of VMP's key topics helpful.

I think that it's been agreed to keep it as is. I hear everyone's points and I get it. Even the ones that were delivered in an unkind/belittling way. I hope that those same people can maybe understand the other point of view too. We can ignore VMP threads. Other areas are harder to ignore. A meeting halfway would be a wonderful compromise for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back