2nd Annual N&G 31 Days of Halloween (2020)

27. Hatchet III (2013) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Not great - but by this point you know what your gonna get.

28. Haunt (2019) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Better than I thought it was gonna be, more Saw than a slasher it has been described as. The directors originally wrote A Quiet Place - before it was rewritten by John Krasinski.

Suppose to take place in Carbondale, Ill - but looks nothing like it - filmed in Kentucky.

#29. Hack-O-Lantern (1988) πŸ’€πŸ’€

Better than it should have been.

Not a real trailer online, but this review isn't too bad and has quite a bit of movie footage so you can see what the movie is about.

#30. Scream (1996) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

I watched this with the bonus Patreon commentary from the Movie Crypt podcast w/ Adam Green and Joe Lynch - with guest Patrick Lussier, editor of Scream.

I'd have to agree...it was very informative and actually better than the Williamson / Craven commentary on the disc.

#31. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) πŸ’€πŸ’€

Re-watched this with the bonus Patreon commentary from the Movie Crypt podcast w/ Adam Green and Joe Lynch.

No guest this time, but they didn't need one. They HATE this movie and pretty much complained the whole time...it's informative when it needs to be...but also entertaining to hear 2 directors discuss what could have happened from original script with Jason actually taking Manhattan to what was made - Jason takes a boat ride.

Again - it was better than the 2 commentaries that are on the new blu ray.

#32. Victor Crowley (2017) πŸ’€πŸ’€

AKA Hatchet 4

Not as good as the first 3, but you at least you know what you're getting at this point.

#34. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988) πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€

I skipped over part 2, as I don't really care for it...and part 3, while I like it, I wanted something different. And since I'm watching the Joe Bob Drive-Inn versions on Shudder, this started right after the original.

#34. Trick 'r Treat (2009) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Started this one just before midnight - but also listened to the commentary from the this months Movie Crypt "Slumber Party Massacre" Patreon podcast.

I know Halloween is over but I got a couple I watched leading up to and some the past week. I like more than 31 days of Halloween.

8. Hubie Halloween (2020) πŸ’€.5
I don't know it was pretty bad... Some parts were kind of funny but overall very disappointing. I figured out the mystery midway and just spent most of the movie trying to figure out what Adam Sandler was trying to say and why the entire town is so mean.

9. Silence of the Lambs (1991) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
I've never seen this before but it was great. Great story and really liked Jodie Foster in this. Plus now I now get all the references about lotions and baskets

10. ParaNorman (2012) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Cute story. Funny - and fun to watch.

11. The Conjuring (2013) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Loved it! Great lore behind the movie and makes me want to research the true story behind it. The only part that threw me off were the birds. Thought it was a bit much.

I think I'm going to start doing some "pre-game" reviews this month to prepare for October, using the rating system of this thread, in case anyone wants to join me in getting an early start. The question is to just use this thread to post them or make a new one?

I think I'm going to start doing some "pre-game" reviews this month to prepare for October, using the rating system of this thread, in case anyone wants to join me in getting an early start. The question is to just use this thread to post them or make a new one?

I was just coming here to start up a new thread for the season.

EDIT - and holy shit...it was exactly 1 year ago I made this thread.

Back