Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Dr. Fauci is warning that a COVID-19 vaccine will not get the United States to herd immunity if too many people refuse to use it.

Currently around 40% of the United States is estimated to refuse getting a vaccine when available.

Dr. Fauci is warning that a COVID-19 vaccine will not get the United States to herd immunity if too many people refuse to use it.

Currently around 40% of the United States is estimated to refuse getting a vaccine when available.
Is this based on some polling? Because I’m fairly certain that those anti vaxxers will take that vaccine if it’s proven to prevent COVID with 100% certainty.

Is this based on some polling? Because I’m fairly certain that those anti vaxxers will take that vaccine if it’s proven to prevent COVID with 100% certainty.

Yes, it was based on a poll. In addition to anti vaxxer, there are a very large number of people who do not want the government injecting them with anything. They are refusing the vaccine in the same way they are refusing to wear masks.

Also, I really doubt anti vaxxers will take the vaccine even if proven with 100% certainty.

Also, I really doubt anti vaxxers will take the vaccine even if proven with 100% certainty.
I dunno. I think anti vaxxers like to make a big huff about catching other diseases from vaccines. But this vaccine, I think the majority will still grin and take it. It's like how conservative radio hosts were saying "leave your homes and contribute to the economy!" from the comfort of their own homes. They'll front and say "vaccines are bad!" but they'll do it. They're hypocrites.

There probably are 5%~ who won't want to get it. but definitely not 40%.

I saw a post on Instagram this morning from a 20 something from Texas.

She is angry the bars are once again closed in her city and is fed up with it and the inconveniences to her social life. She is demanding the bars open back up.

I dunno. I think anti vaxxers like to make a big huff about catching other diseases from vaccines. But this vaccine, I think the majority will still grin and take it. It's like how conservative radio hosts were saying "leave your homes and contribute to the economy!" from the comfort of their own homes. They'll front and say "vaccines are bad!" but they'll do it. They're hypocrites.

Then again, you have anti vaxxers who have had young children die of the flu who did not get the flu shot. And they still stand by their decision to not give their child the flu shot because the side effects of the flu shot are worse than death. :rolleyes:

Then again, you have anti vaxxers who have had young children die of the flu who did not get the flu shot. And they still stand by their decision to not give their child the flu shot because the side effects of the flu shot are worse than death. :rolleyes:
that's the 5% though. It will not be 40% of the population with that mindset. No chance.

Because I’m fairly certain that those anti vaxxers will take that vaccine if it’s proven to prevent COVID with 100%

I know quite a few people that have said they won't get it, no matter what.
Here's an actual conversation I had at work last week:
"I am NOT getting the vaccine"
"It doesn't exist yet"
"Well, even when they do come out with one, I'm not putting that crap in my body"
"What crap?"
"I don't want to argue, we each have our opinions ok?"

I left it at that...I can't get any further with so many people that have that stance.

Yes, it was based on a poll. In addition to anti vaxxer, there are a very large number of people who do not want the government injecting them with anything. They are refusing the vaccine in the same way they are refusing to wear masks.

And don't forget the religious right who won't take vaccines because they are made from "aborted fetal tissue". While I agree with @wokeupnew that there is no way 40% of the people won't get it, I do agree that we could easily be looking at a good 20% of people who will refuse. Haven't you heard the latest? Bill Gates is trying to get you to take this vaccine so he can secretly inject people with stuff--you know, his own personal science experiment using the U.S. population as guinea pigs. *insert eye roll*

Hey look at that, we're now "in". Not that I plan on getting into any airplane any time soon.

I'm guessing the canadian-US land border will remain closed to non-essential travel for a while still.

Air travel between our countries never really halted, but we have a strict 14 days legal quarantine for travelers (from anywhere) that is still in effect.

It's crazy how different businesses can be when it comes to working from home.

Some businesses know it's not going to be safe to have everyone together all indoors for many months yet and are not rushing into calling everyone back into the office.

Other businesses are calling their employees back as fast as legally allowed by the state or other local orders.

For example, there is a business in Boston who's calling people mack to the maximum capacity allowed by the phased reopening structure. This same business refused to let employees work from home at the start of the pandemic and only allowed them too when it was mandated by the state that they could not work in the office when MA shut down because they weren't essential. Virtually every employee was able to work from home and maintain their productivity. Yet working from home is not acceptable.

They just got this memo from the CEO today. (CEO / executives are not based out of Boston).
We expect you in the office, and just a reminder, we are not a work from home company and we are not changing our business model

Back