Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Do you mind me asking what it is you do? I'm feeling the pressure myself. I work in a Data Center and I'm still coming in, in fact it was "Highly suggested" we work ten hour days, so I'm doing that too. I feel like if I don't I'm the asshole letting everyone else down. =(
Why aren’t y’all working from home?

I think I have it. Persistent dry cough. No allergy meds are working. Live in East TN. I was pretty active in crowds in early March (daily errands, couple of concerts). Was questioning if I got it bc temps are normal, and no muscle aches.. Slight fatigue, Coughing some blood, but not consistent. No extreme breathing problems. Doctor on the today show this morning, who tested positive has exact same symptoms, with no fever. Am I crazy to think this? Only 15 reported cases in my city. I am not a hypochondriac and rarely get sick.

ETA: the blood is rare. Only in the morning. Going to reach out to the tele doctor soon

Last edited:
Why aren’t y’all working from home?
It's impossible. My job is purely physical. I process hard drives from maintenance. Today I received and processed 590 Hard Drives, verifying they are clean, erasing them then verifying they are clean, destroy the ones that won't erase, shipping the ones that do. I sit in a room all day while server technicians bring me drives. It's tedious, but it pays the bills.

Do you mind me asking what it is you do? I'm feeling the pressure myself. I work in a Data Center and I'm still coming in, in fact it was "Highly suggested" we work ten hour days, so I'm doing that too. I feel like if I don't I'm the asshole letting everyone else down. =(

I'm purchasing manager at a fire protection contractor. We're a small company, so I also help with fabrication in the shop for parts of most days.
We do a lot of assisted living complexes, new construction. Those jobs were deemed essential, so can design, fabricate and man those projects. My boss plans to have every body back to work Monday, so this week's skeleton crew is already behind. I feel a bit of guilt about not being there, and yet I'm not too comfortable going back. Totally torn...so I definitely get what you're saying about letting everyone down.

Capitalism is making us, somewhat, grateful that we still have jobs and may not need to worry about losing income. If you do not come in contact with a lot of people at your job (not public facing) I guess that's a good thing that you're still working?? I don't know.

I'm grateful that I'm working from home, but talk to people daily running essential businesses (Car Dealerships, sales mostly closed, service still deemed essential) and am torn between being happy that they are still open so I can be employed but also upset because they're likely making things worse by spreading the virus.

I mostly only see coworkers, but our field guys are in every day after being all over the metro area. Doesn't seem like we're taking good precautions.

Meanwhile, my wife's hospital is nearing capacity and I'm trying to push back the dread that she's going to bring it home.

Anyone have any good news To share?

Add Florida to the list of states publically rejecting a lockdown.

Florida's governor said today that he finds it 'wildly inappropriate for a state to tell workers that they can't go to work'.
Especially Florida, where like every New Yorker over the age of 65 winters and has a huge permanent elderly population on top of that.

I'm purchasing manager at a fire protection contractor. We're a small company, so I also help with fabrication in the shop for parts of most days.
We do a lot of assisted living complexes, new construction. Those jobs were deemed essential, so can design, fabricate and man those projects. My boss plans to have every body back to work Monday, so this week's skeleton crew is already behind. I feel a bit of guilt about not being there, and yet I'm not too comfortable going back. Totally torn...so I definitely get what you're saying about letting everyone down.

I mostly only see coworkers, but our field guys are in every day after being all over the metro area. Doesn't seem like we're taking good precautions.

Meanwhile, my wife's hospital is nearing capacity and I'm trying to push back the dread that she's going to bring it home.

Anyone have any good news To share?

I don't know if this is news, because I got this later than most, but the new Monophonics is on my TT right now and it's 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥.

Anyway, take care of yourself and make others respect your personal space when you're out.

Only if you are current on student loans though. If you are behind on your student loans the Department of Education can seize this stimulus the same way they can seize your tax return.

So let me get this straight, people who are already having financial trouble can have their stimulus seized and won't see a dime to help them through this hard time when they need it most because this is a tax credit.

Luckily though, the department of education can't seize the expanded unemployment insurance benefits.

Back