Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

A doctor in Tennessee doctor sent out a memo about what to do if a minor shows up for a vaccination without their parents consent. She covered the minor doctrine.

She was fired for sending out the memo. She was accused of undermining the authority of parents.

The governor gave her a choice, resign or be terminated as she is a public health official.

All 50 states are seeing a surge in covid cases post 4th of July weekend.

This is being attributed to everyone throwing all precautions to the curb once it was no longer required by the government and low vaccination rates in several states.

States with low vaccination rates are seeing 4 digit percentage increases in covid in several counties.

People just want back to normal to fast and the virus hasn't been beaten yet do to getting the vaccine becoming politicized.

This is being attributed to everyone throwing all precautions to the curb once it was no longer required by the government and low vaccination rates in several states.

States with low vaccination rates are seeing 4 digit percentage increases in covid in several counties.

People just want back to normal to fast and the virus hasn't been beaten yet do to getting the vaccine becoming politicized.
Yeah, there's an event that's been on hiatus since the pandemic in Atlanta called Controllerize, I always wanted to go. Low-fi Hip Hop DJ's, Video Games, Anime, Artists, all at Monday Night Brewery. They had their first day back last week, 700+ attendees, no masks that I saw in any of the pictures, and of course there was a COVID outbreak.

If people would just get vaccinated and chill out we'd be fine, but everyone is impatient and stubborn.

But hey, some 24 year old with no underlying health conditions just needed a double lung transplant from catching COVID, so, you know, it's not a big deal if you're young and healthy, right? Right?

I was on a call with colleagues and we were discussing Covid--specifically the covid reporting we do in my organization--and right now in Jacksonville, they are cancelling elective surgeries in hospitals there. What does this mean? It means that hospitals are starting to fill up again with Covid patients and it looks like they are, yet again, starting to displace routine medical procedures due to lack of space and precaution. I do not expect another lock down, especially not in red states. But this thing is far from over.

Also in the news is LA County has issued a mask mandate again.

I suspect any more restricts have long sailed away in many red states, but I suspect we may see some return in blue states.

Will be interesting to see if the CDC / federal government enacts any restrictions and if they do will red states follow or ignore.

In California, LA country has reinstated the mask mandate as COVID cases start to surge after the 4th of July holiday and Delta is spreading.

Meanwhile, the LA Sheriff says the mask mandate contradicts the CDC guidelines and that he will not enforce it.

When asked if he would where a mask, he said he would if an establishment requires it, but he's not going to follow the country mandate to wear a mask and will treat it as voluntary for vaccinated people.

He doesn't believe in masks, and says the real issue is we need to get people vaccinated. 99.9% of people in the hospital with COVID are unvaccinated.

In California, LA country has reinstated the mask mandate as COVID cases start to surge after the 4th of July holiday and Delta is spreading.

Meanwhile, the LA Sheriff says the mask mandate contradicts the CDC guidelines and that he will not enforce it.

When asked if he would where a mask, he said he would if an establishment requires it, but he's not going to follow the country mandate to wear a mask and will treat it as voluntary for vaccinated people.

He doesn't believe in masks, and says the real issue is we need to get people vaccinated. 99.9% of people in the hospital with COVID are unvaccinated.

I am curious where he would stand, as a law enforcer, on the idea of a vaccine mandate.

COVID-19 vaccination rates among Florida’s nursing home workers rank among the worst in the nation — above only Louisiana — while infections among residents remain about twice the national average, a report released Monday by the AARP finds.

As the state’s overall coronavirus infections have begun rising at an alarming rate, less than 42% of nursing home staff had been fully vaccinated by June 20, the AARP reported, and more recent data from the federal government shows the rate at 43.8%, still the second lowest nationally. Meanwhile, staff in Hawaii — the top-ranked state — boasted nearly an 84% vaccination rate. The national average was 56%.

Well, it's a good thing that Florida doesn't have a lot of elderly people. Oh, wait...

Well, it's a good thing that Florida doesn't have a lot of elderly people. Oh, wait...
Well sure we have a large number of conservative pricks that are aggressively unempathetic and a large population that is highly vulnerable, but at least our medical system is trash and our economy is highly dependent on tourism.

edit: this is my local old folks' home -- as in, I could walk there without breaking a sweat and drive by it daily -- https://www.miamiherald.com/news/health-care/article251561513.html

When is the right time to ease restrictions? (I don't know the answer) Covid is going to be here forever and we have to make the leap at some point, can't be locked down forever.
Too big of a question for me I'm afraid, perhaps Dr. F would answer that ? I'm just sorry to see common sense and caring be thrown by the wayside and now another surge is upon our healthcare workers.

To see the vaccines begin to waver a bit (with breakthrough delta cases) along with continued unvaccinated it is a bit unsettling.

When is the right time to ease restrictions? (I don't know the answer) Covid is going to be here forever and we have to make the leap at some point, can't be locked down forever.
When vaccines are freely available and easy to get, I kind of think you have to move forward (which is only the case in a very few countries). Otherwise we will be locked down forever because 40% of the country (world?) is being stubborn.

COVID will be with us forever as a more serious version of the flu. You will get a yearly shot in order to stay safe. We will come to accept larger death totals over time.

Back