Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Received my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday at 8:30am. Came home and walked a couple of miles and then rode my bike. My arm was slightly sore approximately 2 hours after injection. Took 2 Tylenol and that was it. Woke up this morning and felt fine. Arm was sore and a little stiff. Walked and biked but zero side effects. My wife kept asking me how I felt and after the 5th time or so I got annoyed 😁

Now with my first dose, a sore arm is all I had until the 5th day post injection, I experienced light dizziness and sluggishness for 3 days. So I guess it’s possible for me to have a similar experience with #2. The 4 weeks leading up to #2, I started taking vitamins C&D along with Zinc and a daily walk. I’m not sure if that made a difference or I’m just one of the 60%( I think that’s correct) that don’t experience side effects. My wife had the typical chills, and tiredness the following day after her 2nd and then was ok.

I program my workouts in a spreadsheet that I then print and use for a month. I log lots of anecdotal stuff on that papier and at the end of the month update the spreadsheet for historical purposes and to inform my next month’s programming. Looking over it yesterday it was clear I experience fairly significant performance decrease for about one week after my 2nd Pfizer dose. I hadn’t made any mental connection prior so it was quite obvious for me to see it.

Was digging deep into the N&G archives about 45 minutes ago and got a call from one of the pharmacies I'd registered at asking if I could get in within the hour to get their last dose of AZ, now I'm just sitting here for my mandated 15 minutes after the shot. Not my first choice of all the options but happy to have it nevertheless, for my own sake and especially for that of my pregnant wife and her anxiety (she got Moderna for her first dose a few days ago.)

[edit: typo]

Last edited:
Interesting stuff, but this would definitely help explain the long haulers.

Last year, Zhang and his team shared the initial results of an investigation suggesting SARS-CoV-2 might have a means of accomplishing such a task after all.

Using published data sets of infected cell cultures and patient samples, the team identified part-human, part-virus transcripts among sequences produced by the cells.

This was followed by experiments that assessed whether the presence of SARS-CoV-2 particles was enough to stimulate cells into producing certain enzymes that specialize in reverse transcribing RNA into DNA.

Their findings supported the rather concerning possibility that sequences of the coronavirus could be copied and pasted into our genome; importantly, not everybody in the scientific community was convinced by the evidence.

Partially due to the fact this research was made publicly available as a preprint before entering the peer-review process, it was met with significant skepticism by other researchers, who also noted the virus-human sequences could simply be artifacts of the very method used to find them.

I'm still going to mask up in supermarkets and other stores for a little while longer. I don't feel fully comfortable being that exposed even if I've been fully vaccinated. At least for a little while longer until more people get fully vaccinated. I just checked and not even 50% of the population of any state is full vaxxed. I'm in Vermont where we're almost the most vaxxed but still not more than halfway. If everyone gets to 60-70% then I might let down my guard and maybe got eat inside at a restaurant.

Ah, now the lies begin.

"OF COURSE I GOT THE VACCINE AND THE CDC SAYS I AIN'T GOTTA WEAR A MASK!" Spat the man at the cashier, who has been unable to get the vaccine because they're afraid of having to take a sick day to recover. It was the worst of times.
As far as I understand, businesses can still mandate masks in in their place. Like @wokeupnew I still plan on wearing them for a bit longer in stores, but outdoors, and at work, it will be a nice weight off.

Last edited:
Ah, now the lies begin.

"OF COURSE I GOT THE VACCINE AND THE CDC SAYS I AIN'T GOTTA WEAR A MASK!" Spat the man at the cashier, who has been unable to get the vaccine because they're afraid of having to take a sick day to recover. It was the worst of times.
I mean, most of those people probably weren't wearing masks anyway.

On Twitter I like to point out the people who want the benefits of being vaccinated without doing the work to get vaccinated are asking for a participation trophy. They don't like that.

As far as I understand, businesses can still mandate masks in in their place. Like @wokeupnew I still plan on wearing them for a while longer in stores for a bit longer, but outdoors, and at work, it will be a nice weight off.
yeah I have been not wearing them outside starting a few weeks back. I think our governor had mentioned that vaccinated and even non-vaccinated people don't need them if they can keep their distance. I always have one in my pocket just in case I get close to people or are in a busy area. For most of last summer (May through October) I didn't wear a mask outside. I exercise almost every day on a public bike path where I'll pass people on the opposite side of the path or someone passing by me on a bike, walking, running etc. When cases starting getting higher in the fall and winter I started masking up all the time outside. We were probably always relatively safe outside without masks if distanced, but I'd much rather have been safe than sorry.

As far as I understand, businesses can still mandate masks in in their place. Like @wokeupnew I still plan on wearing them for a while longer in stores for a bit longer, but outdoors, and at work, it will be a nice weight off.
Local governments can too. The CDC can only make suggestions. That's where a lot of the people who accuse the government of sending mixed signals get confused.

I'm still going to mask up in supermarkets and other stores for a little while longer. I don't feel fully comfortable being that exposed even if I've been fully vaccinated. At least for a little while longer until more people get fully vaccinated. I just checked and not even 50% of the population of any state is full vaxxed. I'm in Vermont where we're almost the most vaxxed but still not more than halfway. If everyone gets to 60-70% then I might let down my guard and maybe got eat inside at a restaurant.
I've been fully Vaxxed for a bit now and I still wear a mask when out in public. I have been to a couple restaurants since, but I only keep my mask off at my table. I'll continue to wear one in big crowds, walking through stadiums, Conventions and such, possibly forever.

As far as I understand, businesses can still mandate masks in in their place. Like @wokeupnew I still plan on wearing them for a bit longer in stores, but outdoors, and at work, it will be a nice weight off.
I'm guessing my workplace will eliminate the mask mandate if the CDC says so. At this point, me and everyone else here that wants the vaccine has it. The six that don't want it aren't budging and still speak of the thousands of deaths caused by the vax, the reproductive damage caused by it and so forth.
They also say that Epstein is alive and being housed by The Clintons sooooo yeah, there's no getting through.

Back