Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Masks are being made mandatory here in all public indoor spaces as of Saturday. Looks like they are going to fine businesses that let unmasked people inside, so the onus will be on them. The fines are rumored to be $1000-$6000.

Masks are mandatory in all public transportation as of today.

They will announce the details later today. I'm sure there will be exceptions for people that cannot wear them and for various other situations that make sense.

Having the guidelines is one thing. Enforcing them is a completely different challenge. I'd also prefer more drastic measures, and DeWine said today that's he's not mandating masks statewide which I believe he should, but yeah.
Starting today, Louisiana is mandating masks statewide. We are one of the few places that is actually getting a second wave of this--as we decreased our cases and flattened our curve, but screwed it all up by being our social selves. So we are seeing a case increase that will likely start impacting our hospitals more. Whereas most places are still seeing first wave infections because summer didn't slow this thing down--or if it did, then we are in real trouble in the fall. And we're supposed to start in person school next month?
I think it's safe to say that we'll discover that wherever ACE2 receptors are located, those organs are susceptible to complications from SARS-CoV-2.
If this was a problem in the female reproduction organs, we wouldn't know about it for 5 years.
Schools opening up next month

I'm fucked
We're all fucked with this.

I was thinking that if it was a problem with male reproduction people would actually give a shit about it.

Exactly, they would put more effort into curing it and have it be covered by insurance.

Where if it were a women, it would be a niche health issue and there for shouldn't be covered by health insurance.

That's where my mind went.

My biggest fear, besides Trump getting reelected, is that someone is going to come along seeing how much Trump was able to get away with, manipulate and lie, and just try and go farther. Accountability can't be guarded by a title. Instead of all this being a learning lesson, it can turn out setting the stage for much worse if we're not careful.

Trying to stay positive until at lease November, lol

My biggest fear, besides Trump getting reelected, is that someone is going to come along seeing how much Trump was able to get away with, manipulate and lie, and just try and go farther. Accountability can't be guarded by a title. Instead of all this being a learning lesson, it can turn out setting the stage for much worse if we're not careful.

Trying to stay positive until at lease November, lol

But don't forget, accountability is presidential harassment and politically motivated, therefor it's not valid according to Trump.

I just read a long diatribe by someone on FB explaining how Governor Whitmer (MI - D) is very similar to Hitler and how the mask mandate is 'exactly' what happened during the holocaust. "Jews were told there was a virus, to put on masks and that they were being taken to a hospital. That hospital was Aushwits." (yes, I included the incorrect spelling too.)

I am having a hard time thinking that people truly believe this stuff, but it seems to be getting worse by the day. And now with Trump apparently taking control of ALL outgoing hospital data regarding the virus (which is ironic in this context of the FB-poster comparing leaders to Hitler) I'm getting a very bad feeling about how the next couple months are going to play out...both politically and public health-wise.

Back