Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

For the most part, this is only an American problem. Sure there might be an odd ball few in other countries, but for the most part they seem to comply for their own health and the greater good without fuss.

I don’t know tbh, I’ve been wearing a face covering every time I go to the grocery store (Scotland) and most times I’m the only one with one on. The staff aren’t even wearing face coverings even though there is a sign at the door requesting you wear one.

I think people are starting to think that this thing is over but it’s really not. Our numbers are getting there but precautions still need to be taken.

I don’t know tbh, I’ve been wearing a face covering every time I go to the grocery store (Scotland) and most times I’m the only one with one on. The staff aren’t even wearing face coverings even though there is a sign at the door requesting you wear one.

I think people are starting to think that this thing is over but it’s really not. Our numbers are getting there but precautions still need to be taken.

Let me rephrase that. People aren't refusing to wear them or making it political in other countries.

Sure they can let their guard down.

Let me rephrase that. People aren't refusing to wear them or making it political in other countries.

The making it political part is what I meant. I wonder if it would b different if Trump had just flat out encouraged people to wear a mask instead if going by whatever he feels like that day.

Don't know if this has already been shared

The use of social media, comments sections, and other media outlets to spread disinformation and propagate conspiracy theories is (and has been) a real terrorist threat. It's meant to spread fear and distrust, it's meant to disrupt and take down western governments, and it's meant to create further chaos. It's a battle that's being lost.

Well it hasn't been mandatory in stores but today the Scottish government announced that it will be so that could be about to change. There is a growing divide between the U.K. government’s lockdown exit strategy and the Scottish government’s one.

Trump could have done the right thing and still satisfied his inner Trump. All he had to do was give an outlandish contract to a family member to produce MAGA masks and then mandate them as the only allowable masks to wear.

The thing that gets me is, he could embrace mask wearing and make it "his thing," and you know what? It would probably work/help, and he'd look great. It's honestly not too late for him to change his mind, because the idiot Trumpers will just do whatever he says, and everyone else already knows that masking up is the way forward.

Unfortunately, Trump's instincts probably tell him that the disease will just "go away" real soon, so he's banking on blaming the Libs down the line for closing up the economy and destroying the country, while all he wanted to do was give people their freedom. Pretty sure that's going to backfire, because based on the way things are spreading now, we're in for a real ugly November.

It’s insane that’s just now. JUST NOW. IN FUCKING JULY everyone is now saying “hmmmm maybe we should wear masks”

This all could have been mostly prevented but noooooooo we can’t even think about listening to health professionals

🤦🏻‍♂️

Well it hasn't been mandatory in stores but today the Scottish government announced that it will be so that could be about to change. There is a growing divide between the U.K. government’s lockdown exit strategy and the Scottish government’s one.
Very few folk wearing masks at my local shop, but it is a Waitrose, so who knows if that's a factor! I do worry about Englandshire tomorrow, especially with the pubs being able to open at 6am...

A fascinating article that seems to be leveraging coronavirus headlines for clicks. There is no vaccine and this blood is used in vast quantities elsewhere so it’s not like a coronavirus vaccine is going to producing a behavior that didn’t already exist.

It’s insane that’s just now. JUST NOW. IN FUCKING JULY everyone is now saying “hmmmm maybe we should wear masks”

This all could have been mostly prevented but noooooooo we can’t even think about listening to health professionals

🤦🏻‍♂️

This gif seems appropriate once more.

tenor.gif

A fascinating article that seems to be leveraging coronavirus headlines for clicks. There is no vaccine and this blood is used in vast quantities elsewhere so it’s not like a coronavirus vaccine is going to producing a behavior that didn’t already exist.
What? Clickbait? They are talking about a company that would use it to manufacture the vaccine they are testing to be able to sell it in the US. There is already a ton of concern in the biological sciences community about the toll that the current demands take on horseshoe crabs. If this vaccine did end up being successful, it would create a larger demand and negatively impact the crabs, that's what the article says. I thought it was interesting.

The headline doesn't claim that it is a succesfull or proven vaccine.

What? Clickbait? They are talking about a company that would use it to manufacture the vaccine they are testing to be able to sell it in the US. There is already a ton of concern in the biological sciences community about the toll that the current demands take on horseshoe crabs. If this vaccine did end up being successful, it would create a larger demand and negatively impact the crabs, that's what the article says. I thought it was interesting.

The headline doesn't claim that it is a succesfull or proven vaccine.
I’m saying that considering how many vaccines are already consumed I don’t think the coronavirus vaccine, if it even happens, is going to be the sudden drain on the supply chain as it were to push it over the edge (although it would accelerate it along with innumerable other things in the works that are not in the headlines currently).

I think I am most surprised that they rely on an archaic method and source instead of figuring out the mechanism of synthesis and replicating that.

Very few folk wearing masks at my local shop, but it is a Waitrose, so who knows if that's a factor! I do worry about Englandshire tomorrow, especially with the pubs being able to open at 6am...

Yeah I saw that! Initially my thinking was that it will be carnage but then reading some of the guidance, having to be seated, no bar service, 2 hour reservation windows, it might be okay...if people don’t go daft.

I’m saying that considering how many vaccines are already consumed I don’t think the coronavirus vaccine, if it even happens, is going to be the sudden drain on the supply chain as it were to push it over the edge (although it would accelerate it along with innumerable other things in the works that are not in the headlines currently).

I think I am most surprised that they rely on an archaic method and source instead of figuring out the mechanism of synthesis and replicating that.
If a single COVID vaccine is successful, it will be manufactured in much larger quantities over a much shorter period of time than all other currently manufactured vaccines. So, I would expect it to create a larger demand on whatever is currently used in vaccine manufacture until the majority of the world/country is vaccinated.

I agree about it be surprising that they haven't figured out a synthetic alternative.

If a single COVID vaccine is successful, it will be manufactured in much larger quantities over a much shorter period of time than all other currently manufactured vaccines. So, I would expect it to create a larger demand on whatever is currently used in vaccine manufacture until the majority of the world/country is vaccinated.

I agree about it be surprising that they haven't figured out a synthetic alternative.
You could be right. I was just thinking about how many millions of children are born every single day and how many vaccines each one is getting in their first 3-5 years of life and supposed that number to be some percentage of the total vaccine ocean that the coronavirus vaccine would just be another river into.

There actually is a synthetic alternative but it's only starting to be used.

In the end, it's inevitable the synthetic will prevail because beyond the ethical reasons, I imagine it's much easier and probably more cost effective than catching, bleeding and releasing a bunch of crabs every year.

You could be right. I was just thinking about how many millions of children are born every single day and how many vaccines each one is getting in their first 3-5 years of life and supposed that number to be some percentage of the total vaccine ocean that the coronavirus vaccine would just be another river into.
There are a lot sure, but total babies born in the US in one year is about 1% of the population. So trying to vaccinate 70% of the population for COVID in a short amount of time seems like it would be some crazy manufacturing upscaling. Hard to say without knowing how all the numbers fall out though.

Back