Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

I'm seeing a lot of people on FB who seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the stay at home orders are all about. Every time there's a post about people not observing social distancing guidelines, I see multiple comments about how those people are the reason we can't all get back to work. I mean, those people are jackasses, sure, and they're a problem for the safety of the rest of us, but they're not the reason this is taking longer. Flattening the curve by definition means stretching this out over as long as possible to reduce the burden on the healthcare systems and buy time for vaccine/therapy research. If we wanted to get this over with as fast as possible, we should do what the jackasses are doing and gather in large groups. Some of us will die, but at least it'll be quick.

Edit: I know all of you already know that, I just had to get it off my chest because my wife says I have to stop picking fights with strangers on Facebook.
You should probably stop picking fights with strangers on Facebook.

My brother in law's mom was positive for Coronavirus and his dad is showing symptoms. Here is hoping for the best. I think it is going to run through most all of us before it is said and done. Just hoping that we get the mild version.

The fact that the stimulus is a loan to keep employees on the payroll implies that they will have to pay back that money.

With business drastically slowed down that is not an expense most businesses want. Instead, layoffs are the only option to meet numbers for shareholders.

Top executives have given up their salary to keep people on the payroll where I work. But after 3 plus weeks of this that's all that's bought us. It has come clear to leadership that if we are going to make our numbers for 2020 we need to lay off staff immediately. They are figuring that all out now and the layoffs will happen next week.

We are expecting a 30% to 40% reduction in our workforce.

At the end of the day, the governments stimulus does not help us meet our numbers. To meet our numbers we need to cut controllable costs. And that's employees.

Knock on wood, I should be safe because I'm the only one who does what I do. But I always fear someone will propose it's cheaper to offshore my dev work to save money.

but he could walk all over Biden anyday with public speaking.

Scary when you think about it.

Well Biden has Alzheimer's, Dementia or Can't Remember Shit. But Biden will surround himself with smart people which might be his saving grace if he is elected president. Trump is an idiot and he surrounds himself with stupid dangerous people who don't believe in science and think the world is 6,000 years old.

Is Biden that bad? Because sometimes I think Donny needs a translator alongside him because that isn’t the English language that I know!

He isn't that bad, but I think he has dementia. We really know how to pick them in America. He won't be any worse than listening to George W.

Is Biden that bad? Because sometimes I think Donny needs a translator alongside him because that isn’t the English language that I know!
No, Joe Biden mispeaks ALOT. He’s a stutterer and though he has overcome the actual stutter still can lead to him mixing his words, he is usually quick to correct his mistakes as it registers but it can lead so some awkward sound bites. Our Current President often lies and misspeaks but instead of correcting his errors he usually denies they were mistakes or flat out lies and will often double-down on the lies knowing that people commonly show deference to the President. Trump also commonly loses his train of thought and goes off an unrelated tangents and repeats himself ad nausium. It’s a myth perpetrated by both the far left ad far right that Biden is mushbrained but you would need to actually watch him speak in context as opposed heavily edited clips that can easily make him look like he is suffering from dementia. He is not and held his own in every debate he took part i.

Last edited:
No, Joe Biden mispeaks ALOT. He’s a stutterer and though he has overcome the actual stutter still can lead to him mixing his words, he is usually quick to correct his mistakes as it registers but it can lead so some awkward sound bites. Our Current President often lies and misspeaks but instead of correcting his errors he usually denies they were mistakes or flat out lies and will often double-down on the lies knowing that people commonly show deference to the President. Trump also commonly loses his train of thought and goes off an unrelated tangents and repeats himself ad nausium. It’s a myth perpetrated by both the far left ad far right that Biden is mushbrained but you would need to actually watch him speak in context as opposed heavily edited clips that can easily make him look like he is suffering from dementia. He is not and held his own in every debate he took part i.

Fair play. While all that is undoubtedly true about Trump (I still find it hilarious that your worst ever President’s surname is slang for Fart over here) he isn’t just a liar and a meanderer but he has a bizarre relationship with the language. Sometimes I hear him and he massacres even the most simple of ideas and sentencea.

Last edited:
Fair play. While all that is undoubtedly true about Trump (I still find it hilarious that your worst ever President’s surname is slang for Fart over here) isn’t just a liar and a meanderer but he has a bizarre relationship with the language. Sometimes I hear him and he massacres even the last simple of ideas and sentencea.
If you were to remove partisanship from his messaging and just look at the syntax of what he is saying his rhetoric often confounds. One of his verbal “tells” I have noticed is that when he is speaking and offers of some “fact” and begins the statement with “a lot of people don’t know...” I have come to realize that usually translates in Trumpspeak to mean “I just found out” and once you realize that, it is usually equal parts comical and horrifying how ill-informed the leader of the free world actually is.

Last edited:
Back