Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Lockdown extended to Tuesday 5th May here.

I feel like we’ll be going the same way but they’re not telling us yet.

The Aberdeen FC chairman was on the radio last week and he reckoned they wouldn’t have people back in stadiums watching footy until next year. So they might start the new season behind closed doors.

The Scottish football season has been postponed until 10th June at earliest and they are voting today on whether to finish the season now with current positions being final.

I feel like we’ll be going the same way but they’re not telling us yet.

The Aberdeen FC chairman was on the radio last week and he reckoned they wouldn’t have people back in stadiums watching footy until next year. So they might start the new season behind closed doors.

The Scottish football season has been postponed until 10th June at earliest and they are voting today on whether to finish the season now with current positions being final.

Yeah I’d read about the football season up there. I keep my eye on celtic‘s results, they’re my dad’s team. I’d heard average points too, I think that’d only swap Hibs & whoever was above/below them from the article. I think Hearts and Patrick Thistle have threatened legal action if they don’t finish the season.

The rumours from the premier league are that the season will likely restart mid june at the latest and finish behind closed doors with possibly next season starting that way too. Supposedly if it goes beyond mid June theres no chance of a restart and a summer break so they’ll have to decide how to proceed because they can’t just adopt the table because not everyone has played the same amount of games and it affects the relegation zone.

Yeah I’d read about the football season up there. I keep my eye on celtic‘s results, they’re my dad’s team. I’d heard average points too, I think that’d only swap Hibs & whoever was above/below them from the article. I think Hearts and Patrick Thistle have threatened legal action if they don’t finish the season.

The rumours from the premier league are that the season will likely restart mid june at the latest and finish behind closed doors with possibly next season starting that way too. Supposedly if it goes beyond mid June theres no chance of a restart and a summer break so they’ll have to decide how to proceed because they can’t just adopt the table because not everyone has played the same amount of games and it affects the relegation zone.
Yeah, it’s a mess. Behind closed doors although not ideal would be best.

The thing is, you can’t just go straight back into playing matches. Players need to be back into their proper training regimes or they will end up getting injured. I think it was KDB that was saying that.

Here in NJ USA, they are running the 2019 VIVO IPL Cricket Season.
I’m currently a Sunrisers Hyderabad supporter.

Yeah, it’s a mess. Behind closed doors although not ideal would be best.

The thing is, you can’t just go straight back into playing matches. Players need to be back into their proper training regimes or they will end up getting injured. I think it was KDB that was saying that.

I think the hope is that they can get back into training mid-May/early-June for a start early to mid-june. Of course no one knows what will happen given the curve that is currentry trending on mainland Britain.

It’s the only sport on where I don’t have any idea or context for what the results will be. It’s like watching a live game.

we used to play it, and go on school trips to it, when I was a young kid in primary school. It’s not my favourite sport lol. I have watched a ridiculous amount of replays of old premier league games and profiles of great footballers over my morning coffee!

we used to play it, and go on school trips to it, when I was a young kid in primary school. It’s not my favourite sport lol. I have watched a ridiculous amount of replays of old premier league games and profiles of great footballers over my morning coffee!
We were forced to play the lovely game of kick ball and dodge ball in Mississippi. I think it was because all it required was a ball. We didn't have the budget for bats.

We were forced to play the lovely game of kick ball and dodge ball in Mississippi. I think it was because all it required was a ball. We didn't have the budget for bats.

l have played dodgeball plenty too! that was how the school used to do PE on a rainy day! All it needed was the ball and to string a few benches across the middle of the assembly hall!

in england the sporting Calendar for boys is clearly divided into football in the winter and cricket in the summer. there were only 11 boys in my year so playing for the school team in both was pretty much mandatory 😂

Last edited:
Lockdown extended in France too, we just don't know by how many weeks. Macron is having a speech on Monday.

Yeah Leo had his press conference at 4. I think they wanted to reaffirm it before the Easter weekend because Good Friday and Easter Sunday are still huge events in Ireland.

Lots of places are extending the stay at home order today and I'm seeing a lot of people (not subtweeting anyone here, mostly coworkers and on other social media) seem to be surprised or upset about it? Kinda crazy that so many people still don't understand the gravity of the situation the world is facing. Lots of people thinking they can still take vacations they had planned for in May... LOL

Lots of places are extending the stay at home order today and I'm seeing a lot of people (not subtweeting anyone here, mostly coworkers and on other social media) seem to be surprised or upset about it? Kinda crazy that so many people still don't understand the gravity of the situation the world is facing. Lots of people thinking they can still take vacations they had planned for in May... LOL
I'm seeing a lot of people on FB who seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the stay at home orders are all about. Every time there's a post about people not observing social distancing guidelines, I see multiple comments about how those people are the reason we can't all get back to work. I mean, those people are jackasses, sure, and they're a problem for the safety of the rest of us, but they're not the reason this is taking longer. Flattening the curve by definition means stretching this out over as long as possible to reduce the burden on the healthcare systems and buy time for vaccine/therapy research. If we wanted to get this over with as fast as possible, we should do what the jackasses are doing and gather in large groups. Some of us will die, but at least it'll be quick.

Edit: I know all of you already know that, I just had to get it off my chest because my wife says I have to stop picking fights with strangers on Facebook.

We played an interesting game of the gym teacher’s invention called “crazy basketball” and it was crazy. It was an indoor version of dodgeball that involved nerf footballs, the basketball goals, and the half court line.

Back