Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Michigan extended the Stay at Home policy until April 30th. We can do this. I really hope people listen...although I know SO many people (including a few coworkers) who hate being told what to do by a woman democrat...sooo, yeah a percentage will ignore her and/or continue with their social media posts comparing this to being sent to concentration camps. Yes, that's a real stance.

To add to this:
What in the fuck are they doing?

Edit: worth noting NPR calling it a peak might be a little early to call, depends on a lot of things.

Last edited:
To add to this:
What in the fuck are they doing?

Edit: worth noting NPR calling it a peak might be a little early to call, depends on a lot of things.

But we are testing the most people in the world. We are going great. That was the White Houses statement earlier this week.

That's pretty out of date. We're doing better than that now. We may be doing better than France, barely and the UK. Still well behind German, Italy, and SK.

Oh yeah... I saw the 8th and just assumed they meant yesterday. I just noticed this is from last month.😜

[/QUOTE]

This seems more recent:

Interesting. The one I looked at had us barely in front of France and UK but who knows how reliable that data is. Still embarrassingly slow to test either way.

Interesting. The one I looked at had us barely in front of France and UK but who knows how reliable that data is. Still embarrassingly slow to test either way.

Also, I think it's quite regional. IIRC, NY is testing like crazy.

It's like that here too. BC, Alberta & Quebec are testing a lot but Ontario, our most populous province, is lagging behind (you can tell something is off when Quebec has 2x the reported cases compared to Ontario but less deaths). Ontario is ramping things up though so our numbers should get even better.

It would be interesting if this causes the "open concept" floorplan to start to drift out of fashion. Can't wait to watch episodes of House Hunters in five years where they're complaining that the living room that opens onto the kitchen is too big of a space.
Turns out I was not the only one thinking of this:

Screenshot_20200410-105931.png

Saw this as I'm trying to work from home on my work computer on the dining table in our open kitchen/living room/entrance way/dining area that is more than half our house, with my wife trying to keep the 4 year old focused on his half hour zoom school meeting and the 2 year old throwing Legos on the floor at the same table I'm on. 😂

Bauer made the news over here a few weeks ago because they pivoted to making face shields for front line health care workers.

Now, to further highlight the innovative spirit of this hockey nation, Bauer is providing hockey sticks to Harvey's to facilitate drive through payment.

1586531717553.png

Back