Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Couldn't resist sharing from my family text thread:

View attachment 40049
edit: Is this too mean for a public forum?
If it's too mean, they won't get it anyhow.
Decided to take a day off...tonight.

Things haven't gotten too out of hand in our hospital. Most Covid pts are in the ICU or a different designated unit. The ED hasn't been too busy....even with my county being considered the "worst" in Oregon - on a per capita rate basis...

Cheers! Hope you get a bit of rest and relaxation.
Vancouver is scary....you know....the "q" word.
It seems like nobody wants to be in the ER. Go figure. Especially the stuff that has no business there. Subtract the elective stuff and it's just plain odd.
Good luck down there!!

If it's too mean, they won't get it anyhow.

Cheers! Hope you get a bit of rest and relaxation.
Vancouver is scary....you know....the "q" word.
It seems like nobody wants to be in the ER. Go figure. Especially the stuff that has no business there. Subtract the elective stuff and it's just plain odd.
Good luck down there!!

Oh...yeah. Don't want to use that Q word. Our ED is the same...usually there's 80-100 or so patients at a given time, but now at most there's 50 - and few are being admitted. The ED is down to the teens by midnight....it's weird.

It really shows that most people that come to the ED don't really need to.

I have to figure out what I'm going to do for restocking on groceries.

They are advising to not go out to the grocery stores, but rather use curbside pickup or delivery.

Neither Market Basket or Shaws has either of those. The local Target and Walmart have curbside pickup but no groceries as they are older smaller stores. Amazon Fresh is not yet available in my area. Stop & Shop has PeaPod, but there is nothing but complaints about it, impossible to get scheduled deliveries and their website has been down for maintenance for at least 24 hours now.

My local Market Basket has had one of their employees pass away from COVID-19 :cry: :cry::cry::cry:

Other employees have tested positive and are in quarantine.

They are advising to not go out to the grocery stores, but rather use curbside pickup or delivery.

Neither Market Basket or Shaws has either of those. The local Target and Walmart have curbside pickup but no groceries as they are older smaller stores. Amazon Fresh is not yet available in my area. Stop & Shop has PeaPod, but there is nothing but complaints about it, impossible to get scheduled deliveries and their website has been down for maintenance for at least 24 hours now.

My local Market Basket has had one of their employees pass away from COVID-19 :cry: :cry::cry::cry:

you could see if Instacart is available for any stores near you. I... wasn't going to use them all the time. I didn't want to cross the picket line since a lot of shoppers are striking for more pay. But my girlfriend didn't want me going out to the grocery store so we've been using them. I've just been tipping at least 20% if not more. You may not be able to find an open time to get an order delivered for a couple of days. We've been planning meals well in advance in order to place an order for a week from today, for example.

If you use this link you can get $10 off your order, you may have better luck in finding a store that has it since I'd imagine you have more stores near you. Oddly enough, the closest grocery store to me is a 1 minute drive but they're not on Instacart, so I've been ordering from a store a mile away instead - Instacart - $10 off and Free Grocery Delivery.

Last edited:
So the IHME model has revised its casualty projection down to 60,000 dead, and reaching peak resource use by the end of this week. Fauci tentatively predicts that schools will open on time for the next school year. Cuomo says NY is reaching a plateau.

I didn't expect to hear any of those somewhat promising things yesterday. Obviously it's too soon to assert any of them very confidently, but that was more hopeful on multiple fronts than I expected at this stage.

So the IHME model has revised its casualty projection down to 60,000 dead, and reaching peak resource use by the end of this week. Fauci tentatively predicts that schools will open on time for the next school year. Cuomo says NY is reaching a plateau.

I didn't expect to hear any of those somewhat promising things yesterday. Obviously it's too soon to assert any of them very confidently, but that was more hopeful on multiple fronts than I expected at this stage.
I was sharing this website with a coworker today and the projections definitely did change for the better. I was looking at Alabama last week and it looked REALLY bad there, but nowhere near as bad now.

I've been thinking back to this Fauci quote recently. "if it looks like we're overreacting, then we'll have done the right thing." It would be great if our projections were wrong.

I saw a report yesterday which hinted at a positive change in the National model. The article I read claimed that here in N.C. we would reach peak around April 15. Our internal model still projects the peak sometime in early May. Given the ramp up I’m seeing locally and looking at trends on the jhu map.... if I were a betting man, I’d put money on our model. I may read some of these Links if I have time, but I’m having a hard time keeping up with entity documents at this point and am a little more concerned about a document for my team that we are currently shooting up the flagpole.

I saw a report yesterday which hinted at a positive change in the National model. The article I read claimed that here in N.C. we would reach peak around April 15. Our internal model still projects the peak sometime in early May. Given the ramp up I’m seeing locally and looking at trends on the jhu map.... if I were a betting man, I’d put money on our model. I may read some of these Links if I have time, but I’m having a hard time keeping up with entity documents at this point and am a little more concerned about a document for my team that we are currently shooting up the flagpole.
I've heard similar things about similar timelines from nurse friends in Indiana, but to the point @wokeupnew raised above, I don't blame anyone at this point for wanting to prepare for the worst, and I'm glad you are. Hope you're finding some moments of respite here and there.

Experts are saying the official death toll for COVID-19 is not reliable because it is under estimating the number of deaths. It does not include anyone who was not tested. Whether they died before they could be tested or died out side of the hospital.

However, the right wing media is reported that the official death toll is 'over inflated'.

Experts are saying the official death toll for COVID-19 is not reliable because it is under estimating the number of deaths. It does not include anyone who was not tested. Whether they died before they could be tested or died out side of the hospital.

However, the right wing media is reported that the official death toll is 'over inflated'.
Hey CNN, that's Rush "Presidential Medal of Freedom Winner" Limbaugh to you.

You could also call them and see if they have a special service considering the current situation.

You could also call them and see if they have a special service considering the current situation.

All they have going on right now is seniors only from 6:00am to 7:00am.

Other wise a maximum of 100 people including employees are allowed in the store at any given time. There is a queue line to get in the store that has well over 100 people last time I drive by.

I found Instacart is available here and will shop for you and deliver items for a $38 fee. But no slots are open. It's completely booked.

Back