What's Spinning

I was deeply disappointed upon first listening to this release. Why couldn’t they make every song sound like “My Generation“? Then I figured out they were telling a story not unlike “Carmen”, an opera I was vaguely familiar with, and each song was furthering the plot. Who 101.

And in the grand scheme, as great and groundbreaking as Tommy was, it was a test run for this masterpiece...

The Who - Quadrophenia

IMG_5192.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you know that one of the reasons @Mather is such a big Billy Joel fan is because they share a birthday?
View attachment 202557
Billy Joel - An Innocent Man

My wife and daughter always loved Billy Joel. Roughly a decade ago, he came thru Charlotte. Our daughter had miscarried her first pregnancy about a week before the show. Everyone was experiencing depression and devastation. I hit StubHub, found the best pair of tickets available (15 rows back on the floor) and bought them for my girls. Initially I was met with push back - why would you buy those, this isn't the time, we're not up to this right now, etc.

They eventually acquiesced and it turned out to be an incredibly healing experience for both of them.

That's the great thing about all music - whether it's your bag or not, it supplies absolute superpowers to someone somewhere.

Last edited:
Back