The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

I was not prepared for the sound quality of this release. I thought it was Dead fans being Dead fans on the Discogs reviews, but it was no exaggeration that this is near if not the best I've heard live Dead sound on wax. This isn't a claim about the show itself, which is very good, but just in terms of the quality of the sound. A real stunner mixed from the 24-track analog tapes. Well worth it even if you're not going hard on live Dead on wax anymore.

IMG20240504154943.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-13-13-17-10-53_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

GRATEFUL DEAD: Dick’s Picks Vol. 12—Providence Civic Center 6/26/74 & Boston Garden 6/28/7 (Remastered, Limited, Hand-Numbered 180-Gram 6-LP Edition)

When we were offered the most welcome opportunity of choosing another “virgin” (as in never released on vinyl before) volume from the Dick’s Picks catalog, we did our Dead diligence, combing through the many chat rooms online to see which one the fans really wanted to see come out on LP. It will come as no surprise that opinions were varied and vehement…but a consensus emerged that Dick’s Picks Vol. 12—Providence Civic Center 6/26/74 & Boston Garden 6/28/74 was the one. Which means this 6-LP set is likely to sell out even faster than (if you’ll pardon the pun) “the other ones” have! It’s mastered by Jeffrey Norman from the original tapes, pressed at Gotta Groove, and limited to 3000 hand-numbered copies…so we’re sending you this email to let you know that Dick’s Picks Vol. 12 is going on sale at 10 am PT this Thursday, May 16, and you can sign up here to be notified the very moment it is able to be ordered. We will be sending out another email at that time, but every second counts when it comes to scoring a copy. And you won’t be disappointed…this is one of your (and our!) favorite Picks, full of Wall of Sound wonders.

Back