Music News / Reviews

And, although I personally (because I am 100% correct) love Steely Dan, I will drop this here so that @Mather and others who are wrong about Steely Dan can enjoy it:

And, although I personally (because I am 100% correct) love Steely Dan, I will drop this here so that @Mather and others who are wrong about Steely Dan can enjoy it:

This is how you’d want Steve to feel about Steely Dan. I love SD but it would feel weird if Albini became a fan of The Dan or Grateful Dead. I am glad he backed off and apologized for a lot of his edgelord BS from when he was a younger person but I would have been disappointed if he softened his opinions on Yacht Rock and Jam Bands.

This is how you’d want Steve to feel about Steely Dan. I love SD but it would feel weird if Albini became a fan of The Dan or Grateful Dead. I am glad he backed off and apologized for a lot of his edgelord BS from when he was a younger person but I would have been disappointed if he softened his opinions on Yacht Rock and Jam Bands.
Steve is the dude that everyone should look to in how one should take ownership of past poor or ill-advised behavior. He owned it, addressed it, grew from it, but also explained the thought process in how everyone could grow from it (even the fans). Just an all around introspective person that wasn’t one to shy away from being challenged.

Back