MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Got the table in today and all setup. First records played:

Art Blakey - A Night in Tunisia MMJ33
Dean Martin - Dream with Dean AP45
SRV - Couldnt Stand the Weather AP45

And all i can say is oh my, this table is a beast. Puts my AT120 to shame…
Congratulations! I find that a significant leap in the investment in a turntable often produces clearly audible benefits.

There are diminishing returns as costs skyrocket, but you are well within the sweet spot for hearing this improvement. I hope you get many hours of enjoyment from your new turntable!

Hi everyone,

New here, great to find this forum with a dedicated thread for the MoFi line. I have a Studiodeck that I’ve been enjoying tremendously (Studiotracker cart, considering the Ultratracker).

Looking for advice. Long story short I had to send the table to MoFi to fix an issue, and when I got it back it was all but aligned. I know a thing or two but am not an expert in doing this. One thing I can’t figure out is: after raising the tone arm housing slightly the tone arm is now level with a record - but the cue shelf needs to come down. It’s just that the whole cue part is as low as it can get from what I can tell. If I would raise the tone arm housing more to try to mitigate the problem, the tone arm wouldn’t be level with the record anymore. Right? Or have I been sitting with this for too long so I can't think straight?

Also, unfortunately, there is increased surface noise compared to when I sent it in, so something isn’t right. I have fixed everything I can think of but I must obviously have missed something. Whatever that might be I don’t know.

Any input welcome.

Once again, great to find this forum/thread.

After a few more days of spinning records and im absolutely loving the ultradeck/ultratracker combo. Really enjoying revisiting some older titles in the collection as well as some new arrivals.

And here is my complete setup for the list:

Turntable: UltraDeck
Cartridge: UltraTracker
Amp/Phono: Rogue Sphinx V3
Speakers: Wharfdale Lintons
Cables: Blue Jeans Cables

Hi everyone,

New here, great to find this forum with a dedicated thread for the MoFi line. I have a Studiodeck that I’ve been enjoying tremendously (Studiotracker cart, considering the Ultratracker).

Looking for advice. Long story short I had to send the table to MoFi to fix an issue, and when I got it back it was all but aligned. I know a thing or two but am not an expert in doing this. One thing I can’t figure out is: after raising the tone arm housing slightly the tone arm is now level with a record - but the cue shelf needs to come down. It’s just that the whole cue part is as low as it can get from what I can tell. If I would raise the tone arm housing more to try to mitigate the problem, the tone arm wouldn’t be level with the record anymore. Right? Or have I been sitting with this for too long so I can't think straight?

Also, unfortunately, there is increased surface noise compared to when I sent it in, so something isn’t right. I have fixed everything I can think of but I must obviously have missed something. Whatever that might be I don’t know.

Any input welcome.

I wish I could help you out here, but I no longer have my UltraDeck! @HayesWeighsIn or someone else might be able to advise.

Hi everyone,

Any input welcome.

Have you called Mofi support. Maybe they can help you troubleshoot.

I had to make some similar adjustments when I got my Ultradeck to get everything leveled out.

I did notice that the queue shelf can be moved up and down a bit. Once I got everything set and sounding good I haven’t touched it.

Hi everyone,

Any input welcome.

What you may need is a shim on your cartridge. I had the same issue with the height of the arm and getting it parallel. I got a shim made out of carbon, about 2,8mm tall. That gave me the space to do the necessary adjustments. I don't know where to get one in the States though since I live in Germany.

What you may need is a shim on your cartridge. I had the same issue with the height of the arm and getting it parallel. I got a shim made out of carbon, about 2,8mm tall. That gave me the space to do the necessary adjustments. I don't know where to get one in the States though since I live in Germany.
I think the place where you got your shim sells on eBay, should be easy enough to buy from them in the States.

Back