Minneapolis/St. Paul

Hey folks, just wanted to give a shout-out and thank you to the fine people on this thread. I spent the weekend in MSP packing and moving my daughter dorm and bringing her home, but I had time to hit up both Agharta and Barely Bros during a break on Saturday and both were fantastic. Also, was able to score a ticket to the Gear Daddies at First Ave for a phenomenal show AND nab Billy's Live Bait from the merch table. Triumph all around!

Next time I'll need to head out to Mill City, but appreciate you all!
Glad it all worked out!

Well hello, MN peeps!

So, after spending a decent amount of time in Minneapolis and St. Paul recently I can announce that my partner and I will be moving up there probably Oct/Nov of this year. In addition to my recent trip to Paisley Park, we also spent days driving around and checking out neighborhoods we had really only looked at on Zillow. We narrowed it down (after eliminating about 7-8 other neighborhoods) to either the Lowry Hill/Calhoun area (Uptown) or Highland Park area. Two very different neighborhoods, I know.

I’m a city guy, so I enjoy VERY walkable areas, downtown access, and a metric-ton of food and shop options. My partner is a country mouse. So more suburban is definitely her vibe. Either area works well for us (one more of a compromise than the other for me) and I am fully remote with my company.

Either way, looking forward to coming up and hanging out with all you folks🙌🏻

Well hello, MN peeps!

So, after spending a decent amount of time in Minneapolis and St. Paul recently I can announce that my partner and I will be moving up there probably Oct/Nov of this year. In addition to my recent trip to Paisley Park, we also spent days driving around and checking out neighborhoods we had really only looked at on Zillow. We narrowed it down (after eliminating about 7-8 other neighborhoods) to either the Lowry Hill/Calhoun area (Uptown) or Highland Park area. Two very different neighborhoods, I know.

I’m a city guy, so I enjoy VERY walkable areas, downtown access, and a metric-ton of food and shop options. My partner is a country mouse. So more suburban is definitely her vibe. Either area works well for us (one more of a compromise than the other for me) and I am fully remote with my company.

Either way, looking forward to coming up and hanging out with all you folks🙌🏻
Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions you might have. (I'm in St. Paul)

• On Fire
Reactions: Tyr
highland park (which i just moved from) will be the better fit for your partner, i’d imagine. but depending on where in highland park you are, there’s still walkable/accessible areas of the neighborhood that have most everything you could want. and i was literally a block off a transit line that went straight into downtown saint paul, which i think is better than it seems to get credit for. we especially love going to saints games.

Back