Fresh Grabs

Oliver Nelson With Eric Dolphy - Straight Ahead (New Jazz, 2024 Vinyl Me Please Classics Pressing)
Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution (Island Records, 1978 First Pressing)
Galt MacDermot And His Music - Back To The Barn (Columbia,1962 First 7" Pressing)
Mike Westbrook Concert Band - A Life Of It's Own (Deram, 1969 First 7" Promo Pressing)

After VMP sent my copy of Oliver Nelson to the wrong address AGAIN, I decided to head over to where they did send it earlier today and fortunately the homeowner still had it. I don't listen to a lot of reggae but when I saw this Steel Pulse for £1 at a charity shop I decided to give it a shot, and it's pretty great! Finally, a couple of British jazz 7" releases.

IMG_0842.JPG

Ill Considered - S/T (Ill Considered Music, 2017 First Pressing)
Ill Considered – Ill Considered 3 (Ill Considered Music, 2020 Test Pressing)

Leon from Ill Considered graced my inbox once again this week with the offer of 2 fantastic Ill Considered oddities. First up is the ultra-rare first pressing of their debut album. This was released on a white label and handwritten/hand-numbered and housed in a paper-thin jacket. This copy is incredibly numbered 2/100 which is pretty cool. I just added it to my Discogs collection and was dumbfounded to see the last few copies selling for upwards of £175!!! To add to this is a test pressing of their 3rd album!

IMG_1050.JPG

Brian Auger, Julie Driscoll And The Trinity – Open (Marmalade 1967 First Pressing)
Pete Brown & Piblokto! – Things May Come And Things May Go, But The Art School Dance Goes On Forever (Harvest, 1970 First Pressing)
Paul Gonsalves - Humming Bird (Deram, 1970 First Factory Sample/Test Pressing)

The carboot sale this morning wasn't the best but I did come away with a first pressing of Julie Driscoll (who later would marry pianist Kieth Tippett) and Brian Auger's "Open" on the Marmalade label for just £2. Theres a jazz-rock theme here as earlier in the week I acquired a first pressing of this Pete Brown album (which prog rock fans go mad for) - not as good as when I found a copy of his "The "Not Forgotten" Association" for 20p at the carboot sale though!! Finally, a cheap buy which is pretty cool, a factory sample/test pressing of Paul Gonsalves' 1970 "Humming Bird".

IMG_1051.JPG

Back